Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreman completely overrated as a puncher.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreman completely overrated as a puncher.

While I do agree that Foreman had murderous force behind his punches, similar in that respect to Max Baer, he was not the knockout puncher he is remembered as.

All of his big wins and stoppages show him him battering half dazed opponents to the canvas over and over again. He was good at cutting off the ring, and once he got you against the ropes he turned you into a human heavybag, but when did he ever knock a man unconscious with a single punch, or even a two or three punch combination, in the center of the ring like Louis, Dempsey, Lewis, and even Marciano managed to do in their careers? He didn't because he lacked the ability to do so. He either didn't have the timing, or perhaps it was that his punches were a fraction of a second too slow to pull off one of the most coveted tricks in boxing history: the one punch finish.

Foreman was a powerhouse for certain, but he was more of a clubber than a puncher. Ali was absolutely correct when he said the same thing about Foreman in the mid 70's. Foreman bludgeoned and smashed, and deadened the senses of his opponents, but he did not have the ability to win a fight against world class opposition with a single blow.

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
    While I do agree that Foreman had murderous force behind his punches, similar in that respect to Max Baer, he was not the knockout puncher he is remembered as.

All of his big wins and stoppages show him him battering half dazed opponents to the canvas over and over again. He was good at cutting off the ring, and once he got you against the ropes he turned you into a human heavybag, but when did he ever knock a man unconscious with a single punch, or even a two or three punch combination, in the center of the ring like Louis, Dempsey, Lewis, and even Marciano managed to do in their careers? He didn't because he lacked the ability to do so. He either didn't have the timing, or perhaps it was that his punches were a fraction of a second too slow to pull off one of the most coveted tricks in boxing history: the one punch finish.

Foreman was a powerhouse for certain, but he was more of a clubber than a puncher. Ali was absolutely correct when he said the same thing about Foreman in the mid 70's. Foreman bludgeoned and smashed, and deadened the senses of his opponents, but he did not have the ability to win a fight against world class opposition with a single blow.
    but foreman still has more power in his arms than anyone!

Comment

Problem was Foreman was an arm puncher he didn't use his legs only his arms but he could do that he was too big to do it any other way

He never finished ppl with big punches he finish ed with barrages so yes he is an overrated puncher but as far as power and barrages go he's pretty on the money
      ________
      Park Royal 3 Condominium
      Last edited by RockyMarcianofan00; 08-23-2011, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles

The second coming of Foreman won many fights on a single blow on his route to the title. Most notably his knockout of Moorer, although Moorer isn't great. If you watch Foreman fight, his style was to put his hands out in front of him and muscle his opponents into the ropes, where he would start throwing bombs as his opponent is covering up. He never really liked to punch in the center of the ring, which is why he didn't score too many knockouts there. Maybe you are right in terms of his lacking timing, but in terms of pure force behind his punches I think Foreman is the best ever.

Comment

yea he also makes a mean hamburger on his grill
          :-P
          ________
          Live sex webshows
          Last edited by RockyMarcianofan00; 08-23-2011, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
            yea he also makes a mean hamburger on his grill
            :-P
            sure does i have one!

Comment

i got the family sized one it, ppl say it dries the meat but you have to do it rite
              ________
              Live Sex
              Last edited by RockyMarcianofan00; 08-23-2011, 06:46 AM.

Comment

i got the family sized one it, ppl say it dries the meat but you have to do it rite

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16
                  The second coming of Foreman won many fights on a single blow on his route to the title. Most notably his knockout of Moorer, although Moorer isn't great. If you watch Foreman fight, his style was to put his hands out in front of him and muscle his opponents into the ropes, where he would start throwing bombs as his opponent is covering up. He never really liked to punch in the center of the ring, which is why he didn't score too many knockouts there. Maybe you are right in terms of his lacking timing, but in terms of pure force behind his punches I think Foreman is the best ever.
                  You're crazy. He finished off Moorer with like 4 consecutive shots from him getting hit all match with the occasionally heavy hands of Foreman. I agree with most of Kid's post completely. Foreman had what in my eyes is the perfect example of Heavy Hands. They didn't knock you out with one shot as often as they'd just beat you to a pulp with each shot being so tough.

Comment

I have the kind that fits about 2 hamburgers or 2 other things at a time. You're right it doesn't dry them out, that thing is great. Cook anything on that bad boy. Everyone should get one.

Comment

Working...
                    X