Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Nishioka have a legit chance of beating Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
    Should be interesting for Donaire given his run at 122 being less than stellar.

Nishioka got some buzz around NSB when he KO'ed Johnny Gonzalez and decision-ed Rafa Marquez, but damn when people started mentioning Rigo vs Donaire in the same sentence was when Nishi really started getting praised as the 122 lbs king... just saying.
    Interesting observation.

As a Rigo fan, I'm very curious to see how Donaire does against Nishioka. If Toshiaki has enough left in the tank, he's a much greater test than Mathebula. I'm hoping Nonito sticks around 122 long enough for Guillermo to get a crack at him.

Comment

Nishioka isnt "one of the top fighters" at 122, he is the top fighter at 122

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        That's a matter of opinion, although the case can certainly be made.

Comment

Oh wow, so why are people trying to discredit him as a legit opponent?

Are they just hating as usual?

Comment

Originally posted by Califas View Post
            Oh wow, so why are people trying to discredit him as a legit opponent?

Are they just hating as usual?
            Nope the guys is old and very inactive!!! Thats why!!!

Comment

He's also the oldest fighter in the top 10.

Comment

Nishioka is pretty good, but he's not at his peak anymore. Still he's really competitive and could take the win.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                  Should be interesting for Donaire given his run at 122 being less than stellar.

Nishioka got some buzz around NSB when he KO'ed Johnny Gonzalez and decision-ed Rafa Marquez, but damn when people started mentioning Rigo vs Donaire in the same sentence was when Nishi really started getting praised as the 122 lbs king... just saying.

same thing will happen if it's rigo instead of donaire who will be fighting nishioka. that's a lot of level up for rigo...from fighting the rico ramoses to nishioka. damn, the hype would be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    He's also the oldest fighter in the top 10.
                    Yea so? He's the best fighter at 122. Thats all that matters

Its only wrong to fight an older fighter when the younger fighter is considered the favorite?

Im not sure but i think Floyd is the oldest fighter at 154, does that mean NOBODY should fight him??

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      Interesting observation.

As a Rigo fan, I'm very curious to see how Donaire does against Nishioka. If Toshiaki has enough left in the tank, he's a much greater test than Mathebula. I'm hoping Nonito sticks around 122 long enough for Guillermo to get a crack at him.
                      Nishioka is a great fighter, i wont deny he's the man to beat at SB but some have simply raised his pedestal a bit higher for arguments sake. I too hope to see Rigo get a crack at Donaire or any other champ at 122

Comment

Working...
                      X