View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 07:16 PM #48
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 570 Post(s)
The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,588,665,404,596,570.00
Total Points: 10,588,665,404,597,836.00

I didn't know Benny Leonard had a glass jaw and I still don't. Five times does seem like a lot for an ATG to be kayoed, but Leonard was seen and judged by better boxing experts than myself and he has been appraised very highly for a long time.

We all know a mover is what Duran had the most trouble with, and Leonard was a Tunney style mover with fast legs. He will have to come in to punch, though, but he could do that swiftly a la Tunney, and be gone. There will not be much of a height differential. This fight could proceed something like Lomachenco vs Mikey Garcia might. Leonard was a world better than the Viruet brothers, but not nearly as tall. I would probably expect this fight to go to a decision. My crystal ball does not have a winner yet.

P.S. I just saw that Leonard was only 5'5", two inches shorter than Duran. Duran will be the larger man. It is hard to see him losing to Leonard, just off that statistic alone. I plan to watch all the Lewonard film available and see if my crystal ball can come up with an answer.

As of now, if I had to bet, I would have to bet on Duran as the larger man. But that would be without enough information.

Last edited by The Old LefHook; 06-27-2017 at 07:22 PM.
The Old LefHook is offline   Reply With Quote