No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Espinoza: Donaire-Mares - More Sense Than Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Espinoza: Donaire-Mares - More Sense Than Rigondeaux

Even though manager Frank Espinoza spent the holidays away with his family, he continuously kept up with the world of boxing and its many developments. Espinoza is the manager of WBC super bantamweight champion Abner Mares and many other talents.

[Click Here To Read More]

I wonder if Mares and Donaire have any sort of legal recourse they can pursue if the fight doesn't happen. I believe Arum has been quoted saying he won't work with GBP.

Comment

Good luck getting Arum to come around.

Comment

Call Bob to pick up the phone now and make it happen.

Comment

Of course Donaire vs Mares is the better fight, both financially and competitively, but I doubt it happens.

I like Rigo but it appears that he cannot hold a punch. Got rocked twice with left hooks by Marroquin, what do you think Donaire will do with his left hooks?

Comment

Originally posted by mightyfighter View Post
            Of course Donaire vs Mares is the better fight, both financially and competitively, but I doubt it happens.

I like Rigo but it appears that he cannot hold a punch. Got rocked twice with left hooks by Marroquin, what do you think Donaire will do with his left hooks?
            give me a break young sir, mares is wild and always comes foward with no punch. donaire will destroy him, rigondeaux is a very tricky fight for donaire because rigo is such a pure boxer with a lethal body punch that makes the fight absolutely desirable (unless u r rachel donaire, cameron dunkin)

Comment

Donaire vs Mares exciting fight /Donaire vs Rigo competitive fight. Donaire beats them both but I'm more intrigued by the Rigo match up

Comment

I would definitely rather see this fight then the Donaire/Rigo fight for sure. It would be a lot more entertaining. Rigo on the other hand, stylistically gives Donaire more problems though.

Comment

its tough for anybody at 122 to beat donaire,the guy is just big and powerful,fast and a good counterpuncher,but I think mares has a better chance,i really believe rigondeaux won't last 5 rounds,once he feels the power it's going to be pure running and holding,but I still think he also beats mares,but I still think the chance of mares landing the fight are slim,even though he wants it and so does nonito,arum and goldenboy just wont make it,might as well just make it with rigondeaux since it's easier and this way nonito can unify and get another belt too

Comment

Donaire - Rigo is ripe with all the side stories going on between the camps. It's a headier, more tactical match up that would unfortunately interest only boxing fanatics. Donaire would provide the name to sell that fight.

The match up that needs to marinade is Donaire - Mares. Mares needs to beat a really good named opponent in his next fight to make the Donaire match up irresistible even with the promoters in the way.

It will be a superfight I would love to pay for.

Comment

Working...
                    X