View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3022 Post(s)
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,881,528,437,498,963,820,544.00
Total Points: 18,881,528,437,508,963,041,280.00
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _original_ View Post
Yeah, but against who exactly? People put to much stock into B-Hop's 20 MW defenses. I'm not saying it wasn't a good accomplishment but really analyze the fighters he fought in his reign.
Hopkins had 20 defenses all against guys rated in the top 10 and he avoided no one, so yes that that impresses me. I would have been equally impressed if Mayweather did that. I give Floyd credit for his work at 130 but most of his defenses were against unknown guys also. One reason some the guys Hopkins defended his tittle against are not well known today is because Hopkins beat the hell out of them and ruined some of them. They were good fighters at the time he fought them. Analyze the guys Floyd defended his tittle against at 130. Carlos Rios, Justin Juko, Carlos Gerena, Goyo Vargas etc. They are not famous either. If you like Floyd's opposition more than Hopkins that's your choice. I think what Hopkins did was better. Another reason I picked Hopkins over Floyd is Hopkins won all his tittle defenses by a large margin.Until he was 40 years old he beat all the best middleweights available with ease.Floyd never cleaned out any weight class like that.
boliodogs is offline   Reply With Quote