Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could spend a weekend with any ATG in history living/nonliving?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living - Manny Pacquiao

Deceased - Sugar Ray Robinson

From the past G.O.A.T. to the new G.O.A.T.

Comment

So many to pick from, man.

Either Hagler or Roy Jones. Those are my two favorite fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
        That ATG would show you the ropes from dawn to dusk, literally! Not to mention, you'd have a few beers and party with him/her(Laila Ali perhaps?) at night!! Who would it be? If there was a language barrier, you could have an interpreter as well...

Well, mine would be Tyson easy as I had grown up idolizing him and he had gotten me interested in the sport. Besides, he has such a vast knowledge of the history and also likes to play video games
        Well, mine would be either Duran, simply because he loves to play the congas and is actually a decent player so I'd like to play with him (I play music for a living and particularly like Afro-Cuban music) or maybe even Tyson too. He seems to have a very dry, witty sense of humour (humor Yanks) which I love and his views on the world/boxing/philosophy in recent years fascinate me. Most of the fighters I like to watch seem either boring or are ****s. Toney for example...I couldn't think of a worse way to spend an afternoon than talking with Toney about boxing.

Other than that, I don't know. Most boxers are complete ****s and I don't think I'd like to spend much time with any of them. I'd prefer to enjoy some time with people I get along with and have something to talk about that interests them and me.
        Last edited by BennyST; 09-02-2011, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          Living - Manny Pacquiao

Deceased - Sugar Ray Robinson

From the past G.O.A.T. to the new G.O.A.T.
          Pacquiao? I could not think of a more boring person to spend time with. "Ahhhh it nuttin personah.....ahhhhhhh.....karaoke?"

Tex Cobb seems like an interesting guy. He's another that would be fun I guess.

Comment

Tyson would be my first pick,although obvious he seems like a fascinating character,Ray leonard too,he seems like a genuinely warm and nice guy

And of course Ricky Hatton,just for the mad bender we would surely have

Comment

Stanley Ketchel and Jack Johnson of course. A weekend of carousing and skirt chasing.

Comment

Mia St John :wank:

Comment

I would love to talk with Harold Johnson.

Ask him how he felt when they read out the scorecards to the Pastrano robbery.

Also like to ask him where he thinks he ranks amongst the greatest Light Heavyweights of all time. Considering I rank him in the Top 5.

Also about how he felt about his fights with Archie Moore, why he felt he struggled. And especially about the 5th one, in which he was putting a real beating on him until he got stopped.

How he got into such incredible shape, his regime, diet, etc.

What it was like to train with the greatest HW of all time and how that helped him as a fighter.

How he felt about fighting Sonny Liston when he was sceduled to but had to pull out. What he thinks his chances would have been looking back on it.

Lots of interesting things to talk about.

For who I would like to meet and talk to who's alive, I would say Mike Tyson, but since I already have and have spoke to him before. I'll change it to James Toney.

I'd love to meet James Toney, and get a real indepth insight to his career and the decisions he made. A story that little really know about.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 09-02-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

That ATG would show you the ropes from dawn to dusk, literally! Not to mention, you'd have a few beers and party with him/her(Laila Ali perhaps?) at night!! Who would it be? If there was a language barrier, you could have an interpreter as well...

Well, mine would be Tyson easy as I had grown up idolizing him and he had gotten me interested in the sport. Besides, he has such a vast knowledge of the history and also likes to play video games

Without a doubt Ali in his prime.

Comment

JACK DEMPSEY,.... It would be cool to hang out with him when he was hanging out with all the Hollywood Starlets,... I could get to screw Greta Garbo or maybe a PRIME RITA HAYWORTH,.... YUM YUM YUM .... HUBBA HUBBA........ RITA I LOVE YOU.

Comment

Working...
                      X