Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Does Not Agree With Andy Ruiz Decision To Slim Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Sledgeweather17;20218700]AJ consciously put on that bulk since he turned pro. There is a massive difference between what he looked like recently and what he looked like when he turned pro.

If you can't even admit the obvious than your credibility just sailed out the window.

Lenox Lewis ain't got nothing on Joshua, what kind of comparison is that? Lennox was not as bulk or as ripped as Joshua.

Lean and muscular? That's what he is NOW, but before he was bulk and muscular. Wilder is lean and muscular too, as is AJ NOW, before he was way too bulk.[/QUOTE

Who’s doubting that? Almost every fighter puts on weight since turning pro. AJs numbers aren’t anything crazy compared to history. It’s a part of constant training and getting older. It’d take more effort to stay 230lbs than weighin 247lbs. U can say he’d be better lighter, but I don’t think u can say hes force feeding himself and pounding weights to stay unnaturally big. He also became a better fighter as he progressed, at the same time he was adding weight. Do u think they were working hard to keep him “bulked” up to be a worse fighter?

Comment

8lbs off Ruiz is not that much and, if it's fat loss, shouldn't have any negative effects on his performance.

Comment

To be honest I think Ruiz fat helped him get more power behind his punches more weight carried behind each punch.i still don't know how his stamina is so good considering his size I believe he's on the same steroid Lance Armstrong and big baby was on

Comment

A "SLIM RUIZ" is an oxymoron.

Comment

I don't think he has slim down at all. He is still his ol'd chubby self with a black t-shirt on. Not sure why he would want to change that..

Comment

People tend to realize we are what we are. Everybody's body is different, and chemistry that makes it up. Ever notice that guy in the gym that barely works out and he's all ripped! It's called genetics as we all know. But the guy that's got to work for it he's the one you got to watch out for.

Comment

I don’t think it is drastic and his feet are so slow I’d be amazed if they were able to rectify that in this camp

Comment

Ruiz claims he only lost 8 pounds, I believe him. Mostly fat. Anthony Joshua is the one who will suffer slimming down, he was all muscle, when you start reducing muscle mass your punch resistance goes. Look at roy jones jr when he went to heavy weigh a solid 199 pounds of muscle, he cut down back to 175, and looked lethargic and slow.

Comment

[QUOTE=Blond Beast;20218730]
                    Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    AJ consciously put on that bulk since he turned pro. There is a massive difference between what he looked like recently and what he looked like when he turned pro.

If you can't even admit the obvious than your credibility just sailed out the window.

Lenox Lewis ain't got nothing on Joshua, what kind of comparison is that? Lennox was not as bulk or as ripped as Joshua.

Lean and muscular? That's what he is NOW, but before he was bulk and muscular. Wilder is lean and muscular too, as is AJ NOW, before he was way too bulk.[/QUOTE

Who’s doubting that? Almost every fighter puts on weight since turning pro. AJs numbers aren’t anything crazy compared to history. It’s a part of constant training and getting older. It’d take more effort to stay 230lbs than weighin 247lbs. U can say he’d be better lighter, but I don’t think u can say hes force feeding himself and pounding weights to stay unnaturally big. He also became a better fighter as he progressed, at the same time he was adding weight. Do u think they were working hard to keep him “bulked” up to be a worse fighter?
                    I think AJ was addicted to weight lifting. Many people have pointed out how he does too much weight lifting for a boxer. I wouldn't say his team tried to keep him bulk more than it was he who just couldn't stop weight lifting.

He finally paid for it, like MANY people in the media have said, and now he is correcting that. Hopefully it pays off and he has more stamina, although it won't help with that glass that he is packing on his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      Ruiz claims he only lost 8 pounds, I believe him. Mostly fat. Anthony Joshua is the one who will suffer slimming down, he was all muscle, when you start reducing muscle mass your punch resistance goes. Look at roy jones jr when he went to heavy weigh a solid 199 pounds of muscle, he cut down back to 175, and looked lethargic and slow.
                      Joshua never had any punch resistance to begin with so it doesn't matter, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X