Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Nonito Donaire rated so highly by The Ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p4p rankings become more subjective and less objective the further you move away from #1. most lists would consistently have similar top 3 spots. after that it's chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Vitali isn't worth sniffing the top ten. Wlad should be in the 3-7 range.
      maybe not anymore but there was a few years when he should have been top 10.

he gave lennox a tough fight and he beat the guy who ktfo wlad silly.

Comment

The ring loathes to move people down without them actually losing, Nonito is not the only person that has benefitted from that policy though (Hopkins, Winky, Mosley all come to mind)

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
          Did you just say that Carl Froch belongs in the Ring top 10?

Logout and never post again.

Dirty ****.
          lmao thought the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            maybe not anymore but there was a few years when he should have been top 10.

he gave lennox a tough fight and he beat the guy who ktfo wlad silly.
            That guy sucked . And if giving a tough fight meant much, Andrew Golota would be king of the world. I hear you though. While I wouldn't place Vitali within sniffing distance of the P4P list, Wlad could be as high as #3. Donaire is nowhere to be found on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2010 View Post
              because he is an American citizen.
              Good answer!!!

Comment

Because he's a very highly skilled guy, The only thing is he hasnt fought enough good fighters at his or around his weight. I really like this guys boxing IQ just which Top rank can do something with this guy to make him a big star that he deserve to be.

Comment

hell most pinoys will agree with you Donaire has not done anything to be on that list the guy is a joke right now he needs to step up and go to a higher weight

Comment

IDK why he is rated that high or on the list at all, he has 1 notable win over a pretty 1D fighter with good power in his 25 fight career and the rest of his opponents have been tuneups for....... ???

That does not say P4P to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                      Did you just say that Carl Froch belongs in the Ring top 10?

Logout and never post again.

Dirty ****.
                      Hey stupid can you read??Froch based on resume should be in the P4P ranking over this kid..His biggest win is over Chinny how many yrs ago??Do you not think Froch has fought way better fighters??

Comment

Working...
                      X