Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks the Donaire-Mathebula fight wasn't close AT ALL????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who thinks the Donaire-Mathebula fight wasn't close AT ALL????

I didn't watch the fight live, I finished watching it a few hours ago and before I watched it I saw here how most pple said it should have been a draw or it was a very close victory for Donaire. Then I watched it, scored it and I had Donaire winning almost all rounds. I only gave Mathebula rounds 3 and 10 and I scored the 5th and the 9th a draw. But that was being generous to Mathebula. The commentary was extremely biased, they made it look like Mathebula was controlling the fight, winning rounds (that he wasnt winning AT ALL), doing good in the fight.
    Donaire was the aggressor and landed the hard shots in all rounds basically. From what it looked to me, 90 % of the punches of Mathebula were not landing. The punchstats are a complete joke, as always.
    So my eyes saw a one sided fight which Donaire won. And my ears were hearing from the HBO commentary it is basically an extemely close fight which can go either way. So I did the math and then realised that the reason why pple on this forum here say it was a draw or very close is that you guys are totally and absolutely INFLUENCED by the commentary, as always.
    And no, I am not a Donaire fanboy, I actually thought the Donaire vs Vazquez Jr fight should have been something like a draw cause Vazquez was landing clean hard jabs on Donaire ALL NIGHT LONG. And that is something Mathebula couldnt do AT ALL. Donaire's defence worked very very well in this fight, I was actually impressed with him. (especially compared to the Narvaez, Vazquez fights)
    Looks like HBO is trying to get back credibility by commentating "against" the housefighter (Donaire) after being criticized in the past for always commentating in favor of the housefighters (Pacquiao,Mayweather)

Scored Mathebula 115-112 Donaire...... Scored Vazquez 118-109 Donaire

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      Scored Mathebula 115-112 Donaire...... Scored Vazquez 118-109 Donaire
      you mean you had Mathebula winning the fight and Vazquez winning almost every round against Donaire?

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
        Mathebula won only one round clearly (9-th), so you can end up even with 119:108 scorecard, but Donaire also had only 4 clear rounds so I wouldn't even complain if someone scored it for Mathebula. It was very close fight, clear example of fight when one guy is landing more and other guy lands heavier.
        dude, can you tell me which punches Mathebula landed? Cause I saw him landing almost NOTHING the whole fight. The punchstats are a joke as always. 2 guys sitting ringside pressing a button each time they THINK something MIGHT HAVE landed. And they are biased also.
        You say you can end up with a 119:108 scorecard for Donaire and at the same time you say you can see how somebody scores it for Mathebula? Imo you remind me of obama. he always gives 3 scorecards for one fight. bottom line is there is one fight, not 3 fights, so we only need one scorecard. You got 2 eyes, just like me. So judge each round once with your 2 eyes and give 1 scorecard.
        A boxing fan who says "I can see it 120:108 for Donaire, but also 120:108 for Mathebula" should re-think why he watches this sport. Thats just my opinion.

Comment

Apologize for the confusion...... Donaire-Mathebula 115-112 for Donaire

Donaire-Vazquez 118-109 for Donaire

Comment

It was a competitive fight but not necessarily close. Depends on what you look for when your scoring.

Comment

i just rewatched it and the lowest amount of rounds i can give mathebula is 4..but i think giving mathebula 5 rounds would be a bit more accurate. 5 rounds is what i originally gave mathebula. and i don't think i could give mathebula anymore than 5 though especially after rewatching the fight..

Comment

pretty one-sided

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                I didn't watch the fight live, I finished watching it a few hours ago and before I watched it I saw here how most pple said it should have been a draw or it was a very close victory for Donaire. Then I watched it, scored it and I had Donaire winning almost all rounds. I only gave Mathebula rounds 3 and 10 and I scored the 5th and the 9th a draw. But that was being generous to Mathebula. The commentary was extremely biased, they made it look like Mathebula was controlling the fight, winning rounds (that he wasnt winning AT ALL), doing good in the fight.
                Donaire was the aggressor and landed the hard shots in all rounds basically. From what it looked to me, 90 % of the punches of Mathebula were not landing. The punchstats are a complete joke, as always.
                So my eyes saw a one sided fight which Donaire won. And my ears were hearing from the HBO commentary it is basically an extemely close fight which can go either way. So I did the math and then realised that the reason why pple on this forum here say it was a draw or very close is that you guys are totally and absolutely INFLUENCED by the commentary, as always.
                And no, I am not a Donaire fanboy, I actually thought the Donaire vs Vazquez Jr fight should have been something like a draw cause Vazquez was landing clean hard jabs on Donaire ALL NIGHT LONG. And that is something Mathebula couldnt do AT ALL. Donaire's defence worked very very well in this fight, I was actually impressed with him. (especially compared to the Narvaez, Vazquez fights)
                Looks like HBO is trying to get back credibility by commentating "against" the housefighter (Donaire) after being criticized in the past for always commentating in favor of the housefighters (Pacquiao,Mayweather)
                the fight was pretty one-sided. you gotta give mathebula credit for his toughness and heart. he always kept trying but really was reduced to trying to land a big shot for the most part and he is not a big puncher. he landed some nice combos on occasion but mostly because donaire was pressing the action and didnt feel his punch. but donaire landed the harder shots and was coming forward all night.

Comment

no the fights wasnt close at all. ledderman is an idiot on most nights.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, you can only give Mathebula a few sympathy rounds at best. During teh thread last night a few people had Mathebula actually up in scorecads and cried foul when they saw the scores so wide. I think the problem is a few people judge fights similiar to amateur boxing, "a punch landed is a punch landed" which shouldnt be the case in pro fighting.

Comment

Working...
                    X