Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to buy a new watch - circa $16,000 budget. Recommendations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    You german?

I lived in Mannheim for 6 years as a kid. Pops was in army.
    No, I'm Australian. My Dad loved all things German when I was a kid and I guess that rubbed off on me too. He loooved BMW motorcycles and always had one and TBH they were pretty damn cool.

Germans make some nice gear and I also like US made equipment, especially tools (I'm a tradesman).

It's a bit nuts buying German watches if you plan to invest as they aren't popular and don't hold the value of Swiss, but I really like them and I'm not investing in them, I'm using them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Problem View Post
      get a 300 dollar rep
      Not my thing mate, I don’t do replicas. That is fake faggots like billeau2

Comment

Originally posted by classicbuzzbox View Post
        No, I'm Australian. My Dad loved all things German when I was a kid and I guess that rubbed off on me too. He loooved BMW motorcycles and always had one and TBH they were pretty damn cool.

Germans make some nice gear and I also like US made equipment, especially tools (I'm a tradesman).

It's a bit nuts buying German watches if you plan to invest as they aren't popular and don't hold the value of Swiss, but I really like them and I'm not investing in them, I'm using them.
        Great manufactures the Germans are. Very few watches are investment material. And even investing in those is ridiculous. Watches aren’t really investments. They aren’t meant to be worn.

I have a bunch. Can’t imagine selling any of them.

Comment

Still deciding lads

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
            Still deciding lads
            Have you even narrowed it down.

Comment

Chronoswiss.

I was very impressed when I visited their workshop in Lucerne.

They have some beautiful pieces.

Comment

Working...
              X