No announcement yet.

Any runners here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
    I bought some expensive ****ing running shoes hurt my feet like a mother****er. I've run with $20 sneakers from Payless that felt like pillows. It's like a ****ing roll of the dice for me with running shoes.

Get the lazy bitches in the shoe store to properly measure your feet and arches - then ask them to recommend something built for YOUR foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
      I set the School 100 Metres record of 10.28. Never had the stamina for Long Distance though due to Exercise-induced Asthma.
      Damn! That's a good time. In highschool there were a couple of guy ran 10.30's and I thought they were Gods. I was a 400m runner - and the school MVP that year. ;0)

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
        I set the School 100 Metres record of 10.28. Never had the stamina for Long Distance though due to Exercise-induced Asthma.

Are you serious?

That's fricking flying.

My state title was won in 10.68 by a guy who went on to have NCAA greatness, and I think the best that year was 10.35 which in itself was sick.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          Are you serious?

That's fricking flying.

My state title was won in 10.68 by a guy who went on to have NCAA greatness, and I think the best that year was 10.35 which in itself was sick.
          maybe he was running 100 yards? I have seen high school kids do it though...

Comment

I tend to jog at night if I do. I haven't been faithful to it recently though. In the winter and height of the summer I tend get lazy and put it off. There's not really a better feeling though than when your in your running groove.

I always felt that track (most events) and running are probably the greatest sport because they are so individually focused and you can achieve so much if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
              maybe he was running 100 yards? I have seen high school kids do it though...

He said metres which is basically 110 yards.

I don't see many kids at all running under 10.5 in an actual event.

http://parser.dyestat.com/dselite.js...2010&athclass=
              Last edited by jreckoning; 07-04-2010, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Running's the perfect sport for hoem0s. After a while you grow a puss-puss.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  He said metres which is basically 110 yards.

I don't see many kids at all running under 10.5 in an actual event.

http://parser.dyestat.com/dselite.js...2010&athclass=
                  That's kind of crazy considering you live in the States. This kid from back in the day, Chris Keane, was running 10.4's on the regular at City, Provincial and National levels. He never did get much better than that, he was running at internationally meets up until not too long ago.

I am going to google him to see if there is anything that I can find. It was about twenty years ago so it may be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT86 View Post
                    Running's the perfect sport for hoem0s. After a while you grow a puss-puss.
                    clearly you don't box or fight in any form if that's your 'philosophy'. lol

Comment

Yep. Our Ofsaa (provincials) and National high school record is 10.41.

Comment

Working...
                      X