No announcement yet.

My calves have become unbearable..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My calves have become unbearable..

i jog about a mile or 2 uphill every day.
    it took me a while to be able to do the whole thing without stopping, but i've gotten to the point where i can do it.
    the thing is tho, after jogging my calves become inflamed.. i find myself collapsing afterwards and barely being able to walk.
    i kno, "no pain, no gain", but my calves are the only parts of my body that are that painful after i run.
    i have thick muscular calves so i dunno if that's part of the problem, but the pain is unbearable at times.
    should i stop running every day for a while or what?
    i usually ice down my calves right after i'm done, but only for about 20mins.

it's hard for me not to run.. even if i'm in pain i want to run so bad.. it's a release.

Do you run on your tip toes?... I used to have a calf problem because I was a sprinter and all the running I did was on the ball of the foot which got me used to doing longer distance runs without putting my heels down alot and it all lead to burning in my calfs, sounds alot like what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by JF91 View Post
      Do you run on your tip toes?... I used to have a calf problem because I was a sprinter and all the running I did was on the ball of the foot which got me used to doing longer distance runs without putting my heels down alot and it all lead to burning in my calfs, sounds alot like what you have.
      yea i find myself running on my tiptoes a lot.. i try to catch myself and run flatter, but it's just instinctual.
      next time i'll make a point of running flatter.. i was doing some research and that might be the problem.

Comment

lol u wuss do u not normally run then? if u cant deal with the pain then dont play the game lol.
        I normally run 6 miles and i got up 6 hills 1 hill being 1 mile long and im use to it so i dont find it hard i think the trick is to use different running techiques e.g. on your toes,flat footed,heels to ur ass,knees up and side to side etc.. so that ur whole leg gets a work out instead of one part and it can give some of ur muscles a break by using different techiques.
        Or u cud always jus not run like juan diaz and jus swim lol

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
          lol u wuss do u not normally run then? if u cant deal with the pain then dont play the game lol.
          I normally run 6 miles and i got up 6 hills 1 hill being 1 mile long and im use to it so i dont find it hard i think the trick is to use different running techiques e.g. on your toes,flat footed,heels to ur ass,knees up and side to side etc.. so that ur whole leg gets a work out instead of one part and it can give some of ur muscles a break by using different techiques.
          Or u cud always jus not run like juan diaz and jus swim lol
          LOL na i just started running last year.. about Nov 2007
          i can take the pain but it's only my calves that hurt.. and it just started to get real bad, so i thought i was doing something wrong
          thanks for the advice tho i'll be on your level in due time

Comment

you stretch a lot before you run?

my trainer has been making me run anywhere between 3 - 6 miles before working out the past 2 months. it's not bad on a track, but i went to my parents house for a week. wow. running hills is a totally different kind of work out.

Comment

Originally posted by _Macho View Post
              LOL na i just started running last year.. about Nov 2007
              i can take the pain but it's only my calves that hurt.. and it just started to get real bad, so i thought i was doing something wrong
              thanks for the advice tho i'll be on your level in due time
              stretch before u run and eat properly then u wont get as hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
                you stretch a lot before you run?

my trainer has been making me run anywhere between 3 - 6 miles before working out the past 2 months. it's not bad on a track, but i went to my parents house for a week. wow. running hills is a totally different kind of work out.
                yeh its the best work out for running i also do sprints at the same time when im doing my run.

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
                  i think the trick is to use different running techiques e.g. on your toes,flat footed,heels to ur ass,knees up and side to side etc.
                  Lol! That must be some sight!

Comment

Working...
                  X