Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There has not been a Lineal Heavyweight Champ for almost 10 years.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
    My scorecard of Vitali vs Chisora was 6 rounds to 5 for Klitschko with 1 round even. So I don't know how Vitali "didn't lose a round in 8 years". That is only true or almost true if you forget about the Chisora fight.
    Are you mental.

Baring in mind i'm the "biased brit", Chisora won no more than 2 rounds.

minor nitpick aside, ok he lost 2 rounds in 8 years. Guess that's the nail in the coffin.

If you want to water down the ONLY legitimacy left in boxing championships that's fine.

I'm not bending though, the line has to be drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Was Roy Jones ever linear champion at LHW?
      Yes, it'd take me some research to nail down exactly when, he may have won it in a fight previous from an established champion, but i'd have to check, but he DEFINATLEY had it by the Reggie Johnson win.

It all depends on when you exactly consider the WBO became a "real" title, instead of a regional/second tier one, but that's for the scholars.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Yes, it'd take me some research to nail down exactly when, he may have won it in a fight previous from an established champion, but i'd have to check, but he DEFINATLEY had it by the Reggie Johnson win.

It all depends on when you exactly consider the WBO became a "real" title, instead of a regional/second tier one, but that's for the scholars.
        I look forward to reading your spin on that one.

Comment

I look forward to reading your spin on that one.

no spin, it's a known fact that the WBO was regarded as a worthless trinket up until at least the early 2000's

Comment

It's not possible to be undisputed anymore as the WBC won't allow you to unify their title with the other belts remember.

Comment

Originally posted by itchum77 View Post
              It's not possible to be undisputed anymore as the WBC won't allow you to unify their title with the other belts remember.

They allow anything, as long as they get their cut.

Comment

They allow anything, as long as they get their cut.
                http://www.boxingscene.com/sulaiman-...wbc-wba--56934

Danny has to choose between the 2belts apparently???

Comment

Since Lewis retired.

Wladamir can become Lineal Champ, by starting a new Lineage, but to do so he will have to beat the holder of the WBC Championship, becoming Undisputed champion and creating new lineage.

Sorry state of affairs for heavyweight boxing, Wlad has until Feb 6 2014 to do it, or it will have been over 10 years.
                  I consider him to be lineal even though he is not fully undisputed, I usually consider the Ring champ to be the lineal champ.

But you can't expect him to fight his brother, that's just dumb, it can happen in other sports but you can't have siblings fighting in contact sports.

Comment

no spin, it's a known fact that the WBO was regarded as a worthless trinket up until at least the early 2000's
                    Meaning what?

Comment

Meaning what?
                      meaning it doesn't count towards lineal when it was not considered a genuine world title.

Jones had the WBA, WBC and IBF titles when they were the only three recognised as legitimate world titles, hence at that point he was the lineal champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X