No announcement yet.

Can Press Up, Pull Ups & Dips Build Up ''Core Strength''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Press Up, Pull Ups & Dips Build Up ''Core Strength''

Am not interested in being strong on bicep curl or bench press. I want core strength. If I do plenty of Push up's, pull ups, & dips will I get alot of core strength.

Thanks in advance.

Well, pull ups will certainly increase core strength. You will also see moderate improvement with push ups.
    Your best bet is squats though.

Comment

If you want a simple, effect core workout, this routine doesn't take mush time or equipment but covers all the basic core muscles.
      Plank Exercise:
      Side Plank Exercise
      The Basic Push Up
      V-sits
      Push Ups
      Squats
      Back Bridge
      Hip Lift
      Oblique Twist
      Lunge with Twist
      Supermans or good mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
        Well, pull ups will certainly increase core strength. You will also see moderate improvement with push ups.
        Your best bet is squats though.
        What he said.... squats, and deads will greatly increase core strength

Comment

Squats and Deadlifts

Comment

I've read do. That that lifting your own body weight will get your core strengh better than weight lifting.

I remember someone saying that's why weight lifter's whilst are strong in the weight room, aint that strong when you lock up with them.

Comment

Originally posted by CuBaN HaWk View Post
              I've read do. That that lifting your own body weight will get your core strengh better than weight lifting.

I remember someone saying that's why weight lifter's whilst are strong in the weight room, aint that strong when you lock up with them.
              Thats a lie, a person who can squat, deadlift high weights is strong as a bull. May not be that agile or fast(unless he is trained for that, which majority now do) but you definately not want to "lock up" with someone like that. That would be a huge, huge mistake.

Comment

Thats a lie, a person who can squat, deadlift high weights is strong as a bull. May not be that agile or fast(unless he is trained for that, which majority now do) but you definately not want to "lock up" with someone like that. That would be a huge, huge mistake.
                Micky Ward once said in a interview one of his friends went to a freestyle wrestling camp and Ward said how do them guys all get so strong and his friend said all they do is Push Up's. Ward then said he started doing hundreds of push ups and that why he became such a strong fighter who was never on the backfoot.

Comment

Originally posted by CuBaN HaWk View Post
                  Micky Ward once said in a interview one of his friends went to a freestyle wrestling camp and Ward said how do them guys all get so strong and his friend said all they do is Push Up's. Ward then said he started doing hundreds of push ups and that why he became such a strong fighter who was never on the backfoot.
                  Good for him, however through overwhelming anecdotal evidence I have to surpass that getting strong through push ups is one of the less efficient ways out there. Anyway, its all up to you.

Comment

Good for him, however through overwhelming anecdotal evidence I have to surpass that getting strong through push ups is one of the less efficient ways out there. Anyway, its all up to you.
                    Sorry dude that Bull ****.

Press ups are so effective and they really build your upper body up. Ron Lyle used to do thousands and he was huge and extremly strong. Same for alot of boxers.

Weights are are good. But Press Up's>Weights

Comment

Working...
                    X