No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sauerland Protests WBA's Decision on Klitschko-Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
    Basically, the promotor who puts the most money on the table earns the right to host the event, gets the tv rights, etc. They then have to negotiate and reach an agreement on the split and how much Wlad and Povetkin will get paid for the fight, respectively.
    I think the split is decided by the sanctioning body (not the promoters) before the purse bid.

Comment

why complain?
      if Wlad loses, they get more money for the fight if it happens
      and Povetkin gets a chance to take 1 more tuneup for himself too
      this is all just delaying the inevitable, since Wlad will tool Povetkin
      Sauerland should be happy they get the payday at all

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
        Basically, the promotor who puts the most money on the table earns the right to host the event, gets the tv rights, etc. They then have to negotiate and reach an agreement on the split and how much Wlad and Povetkin will get paid for the fight, respectively.
        Isn't it already agreed that it would be a 75-25 split? What gets me is that the promoter gets to decide who the judges and ref are. Talk about conflict of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          I think the split is decided by the sanctioning body (not the promoters) before the purse bid.
          Originally posted by Xoo View Post
          Isn't it already agreed that it would be a 75-25 split? What gets me is that the promoter gets to decide who the judges and ref are. Talk about conflict of interest.
          Correct, what I implied was (the article also mentions this) that Sauerland would have to bring in a lot of money in the negotiations if they want to win the purse bid. That's why it takes so long to reach an agreement in negotiations.

Comment

Always drama from Team Sasha.

Comment

Last edited by ddangerous; 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM. Reason: Duplicate post.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                Always drama from Team Sasha.
                Yeah, well, they know the game is up if they fight a Klitschko. No more pretending to be "unbeaten" (even though Huck already beat Sasha and got shafted).

Poor Povetkin. At least he's got a hot wife.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
                  Yeah, well, they know the game is up if they fight a Klitschko. No more pretending to be "unbeaten" (even though Huck already beat Sasha and got shafted).

Poor Povetkin. At least he's got a hot wife.
                  I just want to see him actually put up or shut up. This **** was ridiculous when he was with Teddy. It's only gotten worse since then.

Comment

Povetkin's team wasting Vlad's time as usual

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Povetkin's team wasting Vlad's time as usual
                      Yes.

I believe Povetkin's management has no intentions of letting him fight Wlad unless they win the purse bid and so can use their own referees and judges.

Comment

Working...
                      X