No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Will Return To Action on October 6th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Will Return To Action on October 6th

WBA junior flyweight champion Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (32-0, 26KOs) will take part in a non-title fight on October 6 at the Polideportivo Gym in Managua. Arnulfo Obando, the matchmaker for promoter Prodesa, said they have not yet finalized the signing of the opponent for Gonzalez, who could be Mexico's Felipe Salguero (16-3-1, 11KOs). The fight will be a stay busy opportunity as Gonzalez will defend his belt in a much bigger fight being planned for November in Japan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

another bum? dude really needs to fight some one with a pulse.

Comment

I havent heard any excuses from Chavez. I don't see why people are acting like what happened was some big deal? We always knew Chavez wasn't 100% motivated, and had a tendency to slack (with weight, and training), and do his onw thing. His DUI before the Rubio fight should also show he doesn't really treat his body like most professional boxers should.

I went out on a limb and picked Chavez, but I recognized that Martinez was the heavy favorite for a reason. People forget Chavez has been boxing half as long as Martinez, and he's obviously not as dynamic, fast, nor skilled as a boxer as Martinez.

Martinez basically won every round clearly, except one or two rounds (they were close), and of course the 12th, where Chavez did splatter Martinez around the ring. Another ref, another night, he gets stopped when he looked completely woozy. There definitely have been worst stoppages, even in the past year.

But good thing it wasn't stopped, becuase Martinez actually fired back at the end of the round, and deterred Chavez from coming in for the kill.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        I havent heard any excuses from Chavez. I don't see why people are acting like what happened was some big deal? We always knew Chavez wasn't 100% motivated, and had a tendency to slack (with weight, and training), and do his onw thing. His DUI before the Rubio fight should also show he doesn't really treat his body like most professional boxers should.

I went out on a limb and picked Chavez, but I recognized that Martinez was the heavy favorite for a reason. People forget Chavez has been boxing half as long as Martinez, and he's obviously not as dynamic, fast, nor skilled as a boxer as Martinez.

Martinez basically won every round clearly, except one or two rounds (they were close), and of course the 12th, where Chavez did splatter Martinez around the ring. Another ref, another night, he gets stopped when he looked completely woozy. There definitely have been worst stoppages, even in the past year.

But good thing it wasn't stopped, becuase Martinez actually fired back at the end of the round, and deterred Chavez from coming in for the kill.
        lol wtf are you talking about??

Comment

fight nietes ..you both said you wanted the fight ..make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
            another bum? dude really needs to fight some one with a pulse.
            Did u not read the end of the article stating that it's a stay busy fight and that he's scheduled for a champ bout in nov?

Comment

Working...
            X