No announcement yet.

Anthem is actually pretty dope.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthem is actually pretty dope.

I got a free copy of this game for pc and wasn't going to bother installing. But, the wife ended up wanting to try it.

Holly shyt, this thing really surprised me. Graphics are beyond anything I've played. Granted, I've got a pretty good GPU but still. It's not just my PC, it's that they put a lot of thought into the terrains, effects, etc. Same with the movement and combat. It feels really smooth. It's just a rewarding experience overall.

I've no idea if the story or other aspects are as cool because I only spent a few hours leveling up my wife's character by joining other people's missions, and customizing her javelin, but it's definitely not the hunk of shyt the reviewers are trying to dismiss it as.
    My wife is constantly booting me off the pc to play it. Wish they had crossplay because my friends are all on Xbox.

heard some bad critics so didnt bother trying it. What GPU you got? My brother is building my PC right now. Got a Geforce 2080 , i7 9700K , 32g ram and 1tb samsung ssd. I should be able to maxed out everything on my 1440p screen

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
      heard some bad critics so didnt bother trying it. What GPU you got? My brother is building my PC right now. Got a Geforce 2080 , i7 9700K , 32g ram and 1tb samsung ssd. I should be able to maxed out everything on my 1440p screen
      That's going to be a wicked PC. Your rig is similar to mine and you should have the same kind of experience. I max just about everything and the frame rate is still really high.
      MSI 2080 factory OC'd, i5 9600k OC'd. Running it at 1440 and it's fking incredible to look at. I could only imagine would it would look like hooked up to my OLED but I'm just running it on my IPS monitor for the extra frames. I keep finding myself walking by and stopping to watching my wife play it because the visuals are so wild. I'm not even into scifi stuff but you really feel like you're in an Avatar kind of world.

The hit registration and aiming are smooth, which makes me happy. I'm really into fast paced targeting and shooting and you can do that in this without feeling like the game is BSing you.

I made this thread because everyone I've talked to who hasn't played the game says "it sucks", based on reviews. Everyone I know who has actually played it though really likes it. You can tell they put a lot of work into it because it's rich in little nuances. Reviews these days are weird because reviewers know they get more clicks form bad reviews than good ones so some games just get thrown under the buss.

On another note, I also got BFV for free and tried that as well but I've been a bit underwhelmed with that one. Might not go back to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        That's going to be a wicked PC. Your rig is similar to mine and you should have the same kind of experience. I max just about everything and the frame rate is still really high.
        MSI 2080 factory OC'd, i5 9600k OC'd. Running it at 1440 and it's fking incredible to look at. I could only imagine would it would look like hooked up to my OLED but I'm just running it on my IPS monitor for the extra frames. I keep finding myself walking by and stopping to watching my wife play it because the visuals are so wild. I'm not even into scifi stuff but you really feel like you're in an Avatar kind of world.

The hit registration and aiming are smooth, which makes me happy. I'm really into fast paced targeting and shooting and you can do that in this without feeling like the game is BSing you.

I made this thread because everyone I've talked to who hasn't played the game says "it sucks", based on reviews. Everyone I know who has actually played it though really likes it. You can tell they put a lot of work into it because it's rich in little nuances. Reviews these days are weird because reviewers know they get more clicks form bad reviews than good ones so some games just get thrown under the buss.

On another note, I also got BFV for free and tried that as well but I've been a bit underwhelmed with that one. Might not go back to it.
        Sick, Ill give it a try. I didnt play PC games for awhile. What games would you recommend to test the gpu?

Comment

That's a good rig

Unless you do a lot of video editing, and need all that storage for bulk ...

I'm gonna make a change, and it's the biggest, free fastest upgrade. Take that 1tb ssd, and ditch it. Instead, DO THIS: get (2) 500GB ssd's and have your brother set them up in a [RAID 0] array. Your performance will essentially double. Install Windows and programs on the raid 0 array, like regular. And if you want more storage, later, get a cheap 1tb mag spinner. From that GPU, you must be planning on some serious gaming. Do the upgrade I suggested, you will thank me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post

I'm gonna make a change, and it's the biggest, free fastest upgrade. Take that 1tb ssd, and ditch it. Instead, DO THIS: get (2) 500GB ssd's and have your brother set them up in a [RAID 0] array. Your performance will essentially double. Install Windows and programs on the raid 0 array, like regular. And if you want more storage, later, get a cheap 1tb mag spinner. From that GPU, you must be planning on some serious gaming. Do the upgrade I suggested, you will thank me.
            Sadly its already in process of but I might buy a second SSD at some point. To be honest im not even a crazy gamer but I day trade and hooked up 2 dell 34 inch ultrawide and wanted a PC I could game and watch the charts on the other screen. Wanted to make sure there is no lagging or problem there.

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post

Not bad advice. Though, I'll tell you what really blew my mind was getting a fast M.2 SSD. My Samsung Evo 970 loads up Windows in a few seconds. It's more expensive though so that's the trade off. I think I paid $125 for 500gigs.

Comment

https://imgshare.io/image/image-2019...9-215z-1.JOyqw

Comment

Sick, Ill give it a try. I didnt play PC games for awhile. What games would you recommend to test the gpu?
                  I'm not into playing a ton of different games, which is why I almost skipped Anthem. Anthem is definitely next-level when it comes to visuals. I mostly play Gears of War 4, which is 2 years old. It looks sick on this rig though. I went and played it on my Xbox One X the other day and it was like popping in a VHS tape. I was disgusted.

My wife plays the last Tomb Raider (couple years old) on this and it looks pretty amazing.

1440 with high frames (120 to 144) is where it's at right now. Rigs like ours will thrive for the next few years until 4k at 120/144 becomes more feasible.

Comment

https://imgshare.io/image/1551214279479-1.JO9Pn

Bought the desk and they not staying on the kitchen table lol

Comment

Working...
                    X