Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julian Jackson vs Arthur Abraham @MW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackson's chin wasn't all that, his glory days were at 154. Abraham has a solid chin and big power i believe he takes this by KO.

Comment

Jackson on his best night would control this and stop Abraham.

Comment

Originally posted by tyger View Post
        Jackson on his best night would control this and stop Abraham.
        On his best night it could end brutally for Abraham, but it still has the potential to end brutally for him as well. I'd pick Jackson by KO though.

Comment

Jackson is a 10x better fighter but this is an awful matchup style wise Abraham wins by KO

Comment

I love Julian Jackson but I can't pick him to win. His power is not of this world but he couldn't take shots.

Comment

It would be interesting to see how long AA would be willing to wear the "earmuffs" while Jackson is laying the thunder to his ribs.

I guess I'd have to go with Abraham. He wouldn't give Julian many opportunities while we know Jackson would give opportunities to him.

Of course, AA could be winning handily when he makes that one mistake...

Comment

^Abraham was a much better fighter when he was at 160 tho, compared to 168.
                Last edited by Cardinal Buck; 06-07-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

If Abraham made it past the 1st few rounds, I think he'd win. But he'd be in a hot mess early.

Comment

is abraham really winning this poll or have i stroked out on my keyboard?

jackson does everything better than abraham. i know theres a myth he had a bad chin bcuz he got knocked out several times late in his career when he was washed up. but anyone who followed his career and studied him when he was at his best rather than just watched three of his fights and reading his boxrec page, they know he had an iron chin in his prime.

if you take enough shots even the best chin will start giving out late in your career, just look at mayorga or vargas.

he had good defense too when he chose to box, he was just one of those guys who didnt mind taking a few unnecessary shots to put on a good show. even when there was an easier way to win.

jackson was on top of the world for nearly a decade. the man was like 47-1 (45) at one point with his only loss being to atg mike mccallum. abraham meanwhile has been badly exposed as a slow, straight forward, weak skilled, low intelligence brawler. whos only real tool aside from his power is a clever promoter.

jackson is on another level from this dude, he would end him.

abraham barely even has a punchers chance since hes a slow starter, cant counterpunch for **** and jackson would jump on him (and hurt him) from the first bell. no way his slow, wide swings would find jacksons chin. jackson had fast hands and was a good combination and body puncher. he would find holes in abrahams guard and leave him with a hole in his head twitching on the floor.

the hawk KO3

Comment

Jackson did not have a bad chin. He was just so committed to his punches and offense that he was vulnerable to his foe's biggest shots. That same vulnerabilty also served him, as foes would press on him/relax and they'd make that one mistake the most dangerous puncher in history needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X