No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe vs Antonio Tarver?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Calzaghe vs Antonio Tarver?

Tarver has been speaking about how he wanted a fight with joe calzaghe. Tarver didnt get the fight with calzaghe because he was defeated by hopkins who latter fought calzaghe and was beaten on points. Tarver is claiming he would have Ko'd calzaghe. Prime for prime tarver was a great fighter and calzaghe is a legend and best ever british fighter on paper. I feel Calzaghe would of beaten tarver anytime in his career and also would beat him if he came out of retirement. what do you think?
    Calzaghe
    64.29%
    Tarver
    35.71%

Originally posted by Stallone60 View Post
    Tarver has been speaking about how he wanted a fight with joe calzaghe. Tarver didnt get the fight with calzaghe because he was defeated by hopkins who latter fought calzaghe and was beaten on points. Tarver is claiming he would have Ko'd calzaghe. Prime for prime tarver was a great fighter and calzaghe is a legend and best ever british fighter on paper. I feel Calzaghe would of beaten tarver anytime in his career and also would beat him if he came out of retirement. what do you think?
    Calzaghe fought a lot of easy fights for the majority of his career and some old men near the end of it, but he was such an awkward fighter he has the ability to give most fighter around his weight in history trouble. Tarver has always been a good but not great fighter to me but I don't think he athletically gifted enough or skilled enough to beat Calzaghe. Joe by close UD in a stinker.

Comment

Calzaghe has a great workrate, he'd be tough for Tarver but it woulda been a great fight. I think a prime Roy Jones woulda given Calzaghe the most problems, as a matter of fact i think joe woulda been knocked out by Roy and Roy's not even one of my top 10 favorites. If I was here trying to stan a boxer it'd be Hopkins who is my 1st or 2nd favorite
      Last edited by Floyd Sinclair; 09-15-2011, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Calzaghe fought a lot of easy fights for the majority of his career and some old men near the end of it, but he was such an awkward fighter he has the ability to give most fighter around his weight in history trouble. Tarver has always been a good but not great fighter to me but I don't think he athletically gifted enough or skilled enough to beat Calzaghe. Joe by close UD in a stinker.
        That's how I see it. I'm not as impressed by Tarver as a lot of others are.

Comment

this fight is very difficult for me to predict solely because Ive never seen Calzaghe against another southpaw.

Comment

Calzaghe is at least one clear level above Tarver. He'd win a decision.

Comment

Working...
            X