Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Like "Sweet Pea" Whitaker Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
    i doubt it mayweather never beat the same caliber opponets as guys like whitiker and lewis and ray leanord ..delahoya isnt really step in the right direction as far as his legacy , but financially its a great move... hopfelfully after floyd gets paid for this fight he actually fights the best.... to be the best u have to beat the best
    How the hell does DLH not help Floyd's legacy? Are you saying he's a bum? Let me guess, he should have fought Margarito instead...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
      Whitaker was one of the most hated fighters of his generation. He was arrogant, he would taunt his opponents in the ring, he talked ****, and he had a style only true fans of the sweet science could fully enjoy. But now everyone has nothing but good to say about him? Were you guys just not around during his day or did you completely forget that Whitaker was the Mayweather of his era? What exactly has changed that made Whitaker from hated to respected?
      Mayweather really started his trash talking about 2 or 3 years ago, he never talked **** for most of his career.

As for Whitaker yes he did taunt his opponents, but Whitaker also was not a huge trash talker himself.

Whitaker is one of my favorite boxers of all time but he was more boring to watch then PBF, he lacked the power that PBF had at 130 and 135.

Comment

How the hell does DLH not help Floyd's legacy? Are you saying he's a bum? Let me guess, he should have fought Margarito instead...
        no im not saying hes a bum ,hes a B level fighter at this stage in his career.. he may shock us he may not.. floyd doesnt fight the best.. he fights guys somebody already beat... he should be fighting all the undefeated fighters.. i hink by he end of the year berto would beat the **** out of mayweather..

Comment

Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
          no im not saying hes a bum ,hes a B level fighter at this stage in his career.. he may shock us he may not.. floyd doesnt fight the best.. he fights guys somebody already beat... he should be fighting all the undefeated fighters.. i hink by he end of the year berto would beat the **** out of mayweather..
          Who would you pick over DLH at 154 or 147?

Comment

Whitaker was one of the most hated fighters of his generation. He was arrogant, he would taunt his opponents in the ring, he talked ****, and he had a style only true fans of the sweet science could fully enjoy. But now everyone has nothing but good to say about him? Were you guys just not around during his day or did you completely forget that Whitaker was the Mayweather of his era? What exactly has changed that made Whitaker from hated to respected?

They hear a statement like that and they think it makes them a sophisticated boxing fan to like him.
            Also, all the years of listening to Max Kellerman's mancrush also feeds into it.

Comment

How the hell does DLH not help Floyd's legacy?

well,

didn't he just beat bunch of past-prime fighters like chavez, whitaker, vargas, and lose against Trinidad and Mosley?

i thought you said he came up short in every big fight and never had a great WIN in his career.

so why would beating DLH help great Floyd's legacy?

anyway,

i personally think, yes, floyd's legacy will be solidified if he beats DLH,

and for DLH, add to his legacy if he beats floyd.

Comment

Who would you pick over DLH at 154 or 147?
                tell ya the truth you can never tell with oscar becuase he doesnt fight often to let us kno how good he really is.. some styles get better with age..if his right hand is fully develpoed he could be better then ever.. but if thats the case i think he would beat mayweather..we really cant tell how good mayweather is either because he doesnt fight the opponents the fans want(not margarito).. i guess this is a good fight for both so we can see where theyre at ... id be happy to see a knockout either way .. that would show a large ammount of greatness depending upon the circumstances..

Comment

because hes gone and we miss him, period. Haters and lovers alike are now giving him his due, which i have no problem with. However i know 10 years ago that **** wasnt the case.

Comment

Working...
                  X