New Crawford's name should be "Sweet Tea"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Crawford's name should be "Sweet Tea"

Not "Bud" or "The Hunter"
    Idk why, but Terence reminds me of Whitaker and Pernell is my favorite fighter from the past

Nah he don't have that type of head movement but he has his own style to block punches def a defensive genius in his own right.

Comment

Hell no. Pernell is far diffent from crawford. Pernells upper body head movement is unparalleled.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Hell no. Pernell is far diffent from crawford. Pernells upper body head movement is unparalleled.
        It was paralleled by Mayweather and Roy Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
          It was paralleled by Mayweather and Roy Jones
          Still no. Mayweather uses upper body movement when he is on the ropes while having the shoulder roll on to make the opponent miss. He uses upper body movement to slip the jab and counter a right hand, or just ducks under and fight on the inside.

Pernell on the other hand constantly moves around with his upper body movement to create offense while still moving around, it is far from what Jones and Mayweather has.

Roy Jones uses his freak athleticism and that comes in his feet to create where he can hit while not getting hit back.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            Not "Bud" or "The Hunter"
            Idk why, but Terence reminds me of Whitaker and Pernell is my favorite fighter from the past
            "Bud" is so old school.

I like it.

It's a nickname guys from the 40's and 50's had.

Comment

He seems much different than Whitaker to me. He is much easier to hit than Whitaker and he doesn't have Whitaker's iron jaw. Crawford attacks more and punches harder than Whitaker. I think he is more enjoyable to watch. I doubt he will come close to matching Whitaker's achievements in the ring because he isn't as good a fighter and doesn't fight often enough.

Comment

What about black tea or earl grey tea?

Comment

I remember many years ago TC was compared to Whitaker and at times he showed that level of refelxes but his reflexes are a lot slower now and as a fighter ,he is a lot more static when punching and actively runs when trying to be defensive. Not Whitaker's level at all and no longer a valid, stylistic comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    I remember many years ago TC was compared to Whitaker and at times he showed that level of refelxes but his reflexes are a lot slower now and as a fighter ,he is a lot more static when punching and actively runs when trying to be defensive. Not Whitaker's level at all and no longer a valid, stylistic comparison.
                    You could argue that he is a better overall fighter compared to Whitaker.

Comment

Working...
                    X