No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Hires Pedro Diaz, Gives Donaire Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Hires Pedro Diaz, Gives Donaire Status

WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (11-0, 8KOs) has exclusively informed BoxingScene.com that he parted ways with trainer Jorge Rubio and officially retained the services of Cuban coach Pedro Diaz, who also trains superstar Miguel Cotto, Olympic gold medal winner Odlanier Solis and several other fighters. [Click Here To Read More]

Cuban links

Comment

Yow! Rigo went ahead and hired Pedro Diaz! I was very curious to see if Guille would do it. Now I have my answer.

Added to that is the news that Rigo hasn't yet signed his contract! I don't understand his concern about Top Rank and Caribe Productions. One would assume it affects him directly, but Guillermo doesn't say anything about it other than he wants the situation between the companies resolved. More questions....

Comment

wtf is rigo doing? first pedro diaz now caribe? so he wants more people to take food off his plate? You must be kidding if this is too complicated it mite just cost him the fight, this reminds me of the gamboa rios situation. He should take the money and get to it, come on now.

Comment

legal issues?

looks this fight might not happen because Rigo has contractual issues.

but oh yea, Donaire's ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Yow! Rigo went ahead and hired Pedro Diaz! I was very curious to see if Guille would do it. Now I have my answer.

Added to that is the news that Rigo hasn't yet signed his contract! I don't understand his concern about Top Rank and Caribe Productions. One would assume it affects him directly, but Guillermo doesn't say anything about it other than he wants the situation between the companies resolved. More questions....
            Donaire needs to move on if this doesnt get resolved in - let's say 2 weeks.

He needs an opponent to be named soon for his April date since he's out for the summer.

Comment

Going for Pedro Diaz is probably a good choice just for the fact that he knows him and that they're probably very comfortable around each other. That's probably more important to him because I doubt any other trainer was going to teach him much. Only downside is that Pedro Diaz is known for training amateurs, not pros, which Rigo desperately needs to get used to. But Rigo was never going to change his ways anyway so whatever.

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
              wtf is rigo doing? first pedro diaz now caribe? so he wants more people to take food off his plate?
              He wants less people to take food off his plate
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-04-2013, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Rigo, sign the contract, you want TR to find a cure for cancer as well? Stop ducking Donaire!

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Going for Pedro Diaz is probably a good choice just for the fact that he knows him and that they're probably very comfortable around each other. That's probably more important to him because I doubt any other trainer was going to teach him much. Only downside is that Pedro Diaz is known for training amateurs, not pros, which Rigo desperately needs to get used to. But Rigo was never going to change his ways anyway so whatever.

He wants less people take food off his plate
                  by adding caribe to the equation?

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                    Rigo, sign the contract, you want TR to find a cure for cancer as well? Stop ducking Donaire!
                    dont worry donaire is about to get it

god i really hope this isnt rios vs gamboa part 2 with the promotional issues

Comment

Working...
                    X