No announcement yet.

Puerto Rican Prospect Felix Verdejo First Pro Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puerto Rican Prospect Felix Verdejo First Pro Fight

They are calling him the next Trinidad here in the island.

I watched the fight last night. Felix looked pretty good, so did his eighteen-year-old opponent. It's a little early to call Verdejo the "next Trinidad". Felix looks promising for a very young fighter, but he doesn't look particularly special. Let's give it a couple of years and ten more fights before we reevaluate. Dulorme looked pretty impressive after sixteen fights, then he got stopped in his seventeenth.

Comment

kid looks pretty good. lets see what happens

Comment

I dint see the big punching power but that was maybe all the bouncing around he was doing that keep him from getting full power and he got cought by some shots so he needs to tighten his defense but that will come remember he is only 19.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          I watched the fight last night. Felix looked pretty good, so did his eighteen-year-old opponent. It's a little early to call Verdejo the "next Trinidad". Felix looks promising for a very young fighter, but he doesn't look particularly special. Let's give it a couple of years and ten more fights before we reevaluate. Dulorme looked pretty impressive after sixteen fights, then he got stopped in his seventeenth.
          I agree completely.

Comment

Either chavez has a good chin,Or verdejo has no power.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
              Either chavez has a good chin,Or verdejo has no power.
              It was only a 4 rounder, against a guy who knew what he was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post

They are calling him the next Trinidad here in the island.
                He looked good. Good skills and ring savvy. Real test is what his chin is made out of and how big of a punch he really has. That was a good pro debut - As much as I dislike Bob Arum, top Rank is probably the best at building fighters. They put him in their with a tough young kid who didnt come to fold to keep this kid intrigued. He will be fighting again on the Salido/Garcia card in NY.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  It was only a 4 rounder, against a guy who knew what he was doing.
                  It was only Chavez's second pro fight. But, in all fairness, Leo looks somewhat promising himself. I felt a little bad for him. Chavez was obviously selected as an "opponent" for Verdejo. He's a good, (very) young fighter, just not as good as Felix. So Chavez took an unnecessary early career loss against a fighter whose future is being looked after. If he sticks with it, Leo might very well have a good career. This early experience against a good quality fighter might benefit him.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    It was only Chavez's second pro fight. But, in all fairness, Leo looks somewhat promising himself. I felt a little bad for him. Chavez was obviously selected as an "opponent" for Verdejo. He's a good, (very) young fighter, just not as good as Felix. So Chavez took an unnecessary early career loss against a fighter whose future is being looked after. If he sticks with it, Leo might very well have a good career. This early experience against a good quality fighter might benefit him.
                    It's not such a setback, it happened to a lot of good Mexicans: Marquez brothers, Miguel Vazquez, Salido. He looked pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                    X