No announcement yet.

Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring

This is me sparring back in march, Im not looking for excuses but at that time i was 168 and out of shape. Im the shorter guy in the red headgear and white shirt.

heres me in a little bit better shape
    Last edited by Actus Reus 21; 06-22-2008, 10:08 PM.

You don't look bad at all, Kept your hands up and got some good work in, Even out of shape your hand speed wasn't bad.

But i will tell you one thing, What Shawn does isn't completely useless, Slow sparring can help with good form, Foot work and upper body movement mostly ... We just need to see the guy get stuck in then maybe he wouldn't catch so much ****.

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
      You don't look bad at all, Kept your hands up and got some good work in, Even out of shape your hand speed wasn't bad.

But i will tell you one thing, What Shawn does isn't completely useless, Slow sparring can help with good form, Foot work and upper body movement mostly ... We just need to see the guy get stuck in then maybe he wouldn't catch so much ****.
      yea Im always hard on myself and trying to push myself towards great sparring partners that have advantages like height experience and speed so I can benefit from it when I get back in fighting weight. Thanks for checking it out

Comment

I liked your right hand counter you had going over the top, and the hybrid uppercut jab, but you need to work on your balance when you throw those. You would throw them, and stumble off balance.

I would absolutely kill for a ring that big to work in, lol.

On the double end, you ned to get that back moving. Every time you get it moving you just wait for it to slow down before you try and hit it again.

Its not about looking good, its about getting down your timing. Throw some hooks, uppercuts, hook of the jab, everything, but most importantly, keep that bag moving. Don't be scared to miss.

Comment

On the double end bag, Get used to the jab first before you mix up punches, Watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5UPipFyEhc

Comment

Good work, nice moving, got some good quick counters in. Main obvious thing I noticed is you had you body fairly square to the opponent making yourself a bigger target, try and turn more side on. For me I would prefer to see you keep your left up more although you swayed away from the punches well.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              I liked your right hand counter you had going over the top, and the hybrid uppercut jab, but you need to work on your balance when you throw those. You would throw them, and stumble off balance.

I would absolutely kill for a ring that big to work in, lol.

On the double end, you ned to get that back moving. Every time you get it moving you just wait for it to slow down before you try and hit it again.

Its not about looking good, its about getting down your timing. Throw some hooks, uppercuts, hook of the jab, everything, but most importantly, keep that bag moving. Don't be scared to miss.
              wow your right man! I do fall off balance alot when im sparring taller guys. The ring we have I think is the biggest one Ringside makes. Ill keep you guys updated on everything. Sorry for being negative towards your sparring vids shawn

Comment

not bad, i make some of the same mistakes as you, dont always back straight up as he comes in, balance, etc. whats your age height and weight?

Comment

Originally posted by dfwtx View Post
                  not bad, i make some of the same mistakes as you, dont always back straight up as he comes in, balance, etc. whats your age height and weight?
                  17 years old, 5"8 normal weight 150, current weight 165 and ****ing hating it! I tried all i could to get down but its not going anywhere. I havent had fast food in 11 weeks. I train and condition and aerobic and boxing 6 days aweek.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoney17 View Post
                    17 years old, 5"8 normal weight 150, current weight 165 and ****ing hating it! I tried all i could to get down but its not going anywhere. I havent had fast food in 11 weeks. I train and condition and aerobic and boxing 6 days aweek.
                    oh cool, im 16. 6'1 and about 160 right now i want to be at 152 next time I fight if i can do it in a healthy way, i've kind of platoed at this weight haha.

Comment

Working...
                    X