No announcement yet.

Bobby Chacon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Chacon

One of the most excting fighters ever to set foot in the ring, even in defeat went out on his sheild, was in 2 ring magazine fights of the year, against limon and edwards which were both classics, the fight aginst limon is one of the most brutal fights I have ever seen. Also Was a former wbc feather and super featherweight champion, won ring comback of the year in 1982. Was inducted in the International Boxing Hall of Fame, in June 2005.

He fought Limon 4 times going 2-1-1, the fight you reference was their fourth bout.

Comment

Just a heads-up for those that don't know...

The fight the TS referenced beat out Arguello-Pryor I for The Ring's fight of the Year in 1982.

Highlights:

Comment

I wish Bobby Chacon all the best. Last I heard, he was really suffering from the effects of all them shots. He was a true warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by hunkysoupbone View Post
          I wish Bobby Chacon all the best. Last I heard, he was really suffering from the effects of all them shots. He was a true warrior.
          There is a short documentry on chacon vs lopez hbo real sports its on you tube

Comment

Originally posted by Gift Of Gab View Post
            Just a heads-up for those that don't know...

The fight the TS referenced beat out Arguello-Pryor I for The Ring's fight of the Year in 1982.

Highlights:

Any other year arguello/pryor, but chacon/limon is one of the most butal fights i have i ever seen

Comment

Yes he was a great one to watch. I remember the year he fought Boza Edwards and Bazooka Limon. Two of the best fights I ever saw.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr.../dp/0786439947

Comment

Working...
              X