Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard : I coulda beat Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes Leonard dangerous for Floyd is that Sugar would find a way to hit Jr. with something. Guaranteed to find something that works in there being a thinker on the offensive end.. and being a natural WW, I don't see how Floyd gets a decision.

As we saw against even a deadly Hearns, Ray became aggressive even against Tommy's threat of power when the pure boxing wasn't getting it done. So even Floyd being beat by a plan B isn't out of the question.

Comment

Everyone already knew that champ, don't think you needed to tell anyone

Comment

I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind, especially since Manny can't even make 147.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Why didn't he say that to Pacquiao's face when they had that interview?
          How old are you man?

Comment

lolol at the voting percents.. only 62 for Sugar..

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
              What makes Leonard dangerous for Floyd is that Sugar would find a way to hit Jr. with something. Guaranteed to find something that works in there being a thinker on the offensive end.. and being a natural WW, I don't see how Floyd gets a decision.

As we saw against even a deadly Hearns, Ray became aggressive even against Tommy's threat of power when the pure boxing wasn't getting it done. So even Floyd being beat by a plan B isn't out of the question.
              I just read the thread again......and it has 0 to do with Floyd

Comment

Sugar ray was a big welter. Ontop of that he had speed and power with great skill. Would pick him to beat pretty much all welters of today. To be fair most of the top welters of today are guys who have come up in weight to fight there. Its kinda like if Floyd or Manny were to retire....watch a guy like Donaire move up to 130lbs and have success then comment on how they would beat him at that weight.

Comment

Best WW today what a giant load of horse shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit , dude cant beat LWs - Jnr Welters and he cant beat WWs without CWs , the WW resume is full of scams , Ped allegations while refusing tests , cherry picking and ducking . he is a WW hype job , notice I said WW dont give the crap about Morelles and Barrera , Im more interested in CWs and fighters forced to use diuretics to make them .

And Leonard would destroy Manny , fkn destroy him at WW , Ray is every bit as good as Floyd and maybe better and is bigger than Floyd , against Manny its a blowout .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Best WW today what a giant load of horse shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit , dude cant beat LWs - Jnr Welters and cant beat WWs without CWs , the WW resume is full of scams , Ped allegations while refusing tests , cherry picking and ducking WW hype job , notice I said WW dont give the crap about Moreelles and Barrera , Im more interested in CWs and fighters forced to use diuretics to make them .

And Leonard would destroy Manny , fkn destroy him at WW , Ray is every bit as good as Floyd and maybe better and is bigger than Floyd , against Manny its a blowout .
                    stopped reading at "Moreelles"

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                      Pac would've asked for a catchweight, and Sugar would've said, "Eat a dick! Fight me at 147", and the fight would've never happened.

What? SRL fought at catchweights too .... so did your hero Floyd.

Sure, when Manny just jumped up several divisions and fought at WW, a catchweight was not something unexpected to ask for .... most people would understand (hint hint). When Manny fought Oscar and even against Cotto, people thought that Manny didn't belong at WW .... and team Manny was trying to figure that out as well.

Yes, Manny is a small WW and SRL would probably be too much for him ....... That said, Manny has gone up as far as 150, so why would 147 be a problem for Manny after fighting there for several years?
                      Last edited by ADP02; 08-04-2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X