No announcement yet.

My, possibly final, Pacquiao-Marquez Scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My, possibly final, Pacquiao-Marquez Scorecard

First of all…I’m a pac fan, I tried not to be biased, but who am I to say I wasn’t…draw your own conclusions….

if you will….

I FINALLY re-watched the fight, it took me a while to get around to it, but I was busy. So, I watched via VLC Player, pausing, replaying, and playing a lot of the exchanges at .50x, .60x speed to catch shots I otherwise would've missed. In conclusion, I had Pacquiao winning by 2 or by 1 round at the very least (round 10 could’ve been even)….but then I went back to a few rounds, round 11 in particular and changed that one to Pacquiao (as explained below). This fight was the more tactical fight between the 3, and one of the more entertaining tactical fights in recent memory.

2 of the more striking highlights of this fight--I thought Marquez did a better job than Manny actually controlling the pace of the fight with subtle foot movement. The way he positioned his body to take away Manny’s left hand was truly beautiful. He knew exactly what he was doing in there. As for him stepping on Manny’s foot, I say it's due to their stance, but watching the fight I'm not entirely convinced anymore (still could be as I first suspected, then again, there’s no way you don’t know you’ve stepped on someone’s foot and then immediately look to launch an attack)...If done on purpose for the most part, it was quite classless, but I couldn't surely tell. I don’t condone fighting dirty, but if the ref doesn’t warn your opponent, make your own statement. Moving on.

Something overlooked on Pacquiao was the right hands he lands, a lot of these shots were short and happened very quickly, which I surely looked over when I first watched the fight. Unless you guys have very keen eyes, I'm sure you may have as well. Again, I suggest watching many of the exchanges in slow mode, like I did, for a better visual as to what happened. I might even suggest you watch the fight on mute, unless you believe you can overlook the “oos” and “awes” and Jim Lampley all at the same time (haven’t watched any other recording).

For those saying, Marquez won, I'll just quote Emmanuel Steward on this one, "It’s a big difference between doing much better than the crowd or the public expected than actually winning on the scorecards.” It was a close fight, but there was no robbery. I suppose you can (I couldn’t do it) find a way to make it a draw at the very least. I think Pac detractors are just shocked that this "one-dimensional fighter" had more trouble than expected against a "legend" Oh, the irony. Another thing, I think the end of the fight was a tad theatrical and gave way to unreasonable emotions. Marquez celebrates a less than clear victory, while Pacquiao is disappointed he didn’t dominate (similar reaction post-Mosley). Simple minds see simple things…no offense, if you hear the same song every single day on the radio, you will believe it is a hit…when a stadium is packed with Mexican/Marquez supporters and they “boo” the winner of a close fight, you will believe there is reason for it. I’m sorry, I’ve seen this before on the biggest stage boxing had to offer, remember De La Hoya vs Mayweather? What did Oscar actually do to warrant all those “oos” and “awes” during the fight? Nothing, and that decision should’ve been unanimous.

All in all, Great Fight! It may have not been pretty, but Pacquiao won. I don’t ask you to take my word for it, I merely ask that you watch the fight and really dedicate your time to it. Replay exchanges, slow them down and study everything.

Scorecard (which I must admit has rounds that were so close, I could still change my opinion, say if I continue to consume my time with this fight...I probably won't, though. It's time to move on. I thought a 4th fight might be a good thing only because of the public outcry)

Pacquiao-Marquez
    Round 1. 10-9
    Round 2. 9-10
    Round 3. 10-9
    Round 4. 10 -9
    Round 5. 9-10
    Round 6. 10-9
    Round 7. 9-10
    Round 8. 9-10
    Round 9. 10-9 (classic Lampley in this round, I’m sure there were more, I was just more focused on the fight)
    Round 10. 10-9. I gave this one to Pac, but it was a pretty even round. You can call it a 10-10, or give it to Marquez
    Round 11. 10-9 At first I had it for Marquez but then I watched the entire round at .50x speed or slower, I think Pacquiao just barely edged it out, just an example of how I saw things, not like compubox would, but for the more clearer shots:

2:16 Pacquiao lands straight left to head
    2:08 Pacquiao lands left to the body
    2:05 Pacquiao lands left to the head
    2:03-2:02 Pacquiao probably lands an ineffective uppercut to Marquez’s body (bad angle)-Marquez slaps Manny with his wrist, followed by a left hook to Pacquiao’s head.
    1:59 Pacquiao appears to land a jab (bad angle), before...
    1:59 Marquez grazes Pacquiao with an uppercut, while moving back.
    1:51 Marquez lands a right to the head
    1:27 Pacquiao lands nice right hook to the head
    1:25 Marquez lands left uppercut AND right hand to the head
    1:20 Pacquiao lands left hand, followed by a right hand to the head
    1:17 Pacquiao lands a little right hand to the chin
    00:54 Pacquiao lands right hand to the head
    00:13 Pacquiao lands left hand AND Marquez lands a left of his own as Pacquiao moves to his right

Round 12. 10-9

116-112 (my 2nd score was 115-113 prior to changing round 11, and counting round 10 for Pac…but clearly these changes could make it a draw in an instant. Close fight, close rounds, no robbery)

Thanks for reading. Agree or disagree…try to be nice

Good **** bro.

Prior to my thread getting deleted I posted my round by round breakdown along with time marks and comments as to why I favored one fighter over the other in that particular round.

Regardless of who you thought one, to give a thorough breakdown along with timemarks is always commendable as it shows your debating your points with logic.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      Good **** bro.

Prior to my thread getting deleted I posted my round by round breakdown along with time marks and comments as to why I favored one fighter over the other in that particular round.

Regardless of who you thought one, to give a thorough breakdown along with timemarks is always commendable as it shows your debating your points with logic.
      yeah, just offering my opinion. Why did ur thread get deleted?

Comment

fair enough...but if you had to re-watch and slow mo to look for a reason pac won...he probably didn't.

Comment

same exact score card as me:

id also like to mention, that my scorecard could have also given round 2 to pacquiao cos from what im hearing, jmm landed 2 [thats TWO]! shots the entire round.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
            yeah, just offering my opinion. Why did ur thread get deleted?
            I think it may have been merged.

I can understand the mods doing so as there were a ton of garbage threads but I also did a time stamp and detailed breakdown like you did. I saved it to word but if you don't mind, I can post it in this thread as well.

Comment

Well... I probably need to go and rewatch to see if it matches up with my old one.
              I admit I didn't write it down, but my prior score was 7-5 Marquez.... so doing that would add clarity to my decision.
              Props for your analysis though... looks like you put some thought into it compared to other people here.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                I think it may have been merged.

I can understand the mods doing so as there were a ton of garbage threads but I also did a time stamp and detailed breakdown like you did. I saved it to word but if you don't mind, I can post it in this thread as well.
                yeah of course not, your opinion is as good as mine and anyone else's

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  fair enough...but if you had to re-watch and slow mo to look for a reason pac won...he probably didn't.
                  ahh, i see what you did there, lol. for whatever it's worth I did have pac winning by at least 1 round first watch or a draw at the very least.

Originally posted by Toyman View Post
                  same exact score card as me:

id also like to mention, that my scorecard could have also given round 2 to pacquiao cos from what im hearing, jmm landed 2 [thats TWO]! shots the entire round.
                  hmm, could be true, I'll have to check it out more thoroughly

Comment

I've been telling this people who's crying for robbery to watch the fight in slow mo but i think these haters doesn't have time because they're so overwhelmed with joy that someone in 4 years give pac a very close fight. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X