No announcement yet.

Is Nishioka over the hill already?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    Just explained that, the quality of Marquez as a fighter, even at this stage. Same goes for Salido. So why all the assumptions?
    You said Rafa was dangerous but you didn't specify for who. Like I said, dangerous to a rookie with barely any experience but shouldn't had been to someone like Nishioka. So IMO, if you're Nishioka and struggle vs Rafa then that's pretty sad.

Comment

Nishioka is the top fighter at 122, its simple

He may not be at his peak but he is not over the hill, thats just laughable

Comment

His age an inactivity are the worry. Maybe he will come back re-energised and some time out is what he needed.

Its difficult to say what he has left until we see him in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangnam Style! View Post
          Not so long ago before this fight was made, a lot of people were saying that Nonito should stop fighting small guys and must face the likes of Nishioka and Mares, even the names of JuanMa and Gamboa were being mentioned. But now that his fighting Nishi people are suddenly saying that he's already over the hill?!? What the hell is up with that?? Coz I certainly do not agree... Your thoughts on this please..
          I can only speak for myself and have been consistent in calling Nishi over the hill, barely active and a cherry picked opponent for Donaire. Have also criticized Donaire for being inactive and fighting a string of undersized opponents.

I have also been on record saying that as soon as Rigo was mentiond as a possible opponent for Donny there was a wave of posters (trolls) trying to discredit that fight by saying that Nishi is actually the best @ 122. Plenty of guys to fight -- but pick the oldest and most inactive belt holder and swear up and down that he is the #1. Doesn't hurt to have a promo company like TR parroting that nonsense.

Nishi aint fought in how long? Against who? And when did he fight before that? Against who? Wasn't he talking about retirement earlier this year? Ask yourself these questions and you can answer yourself on whether he is over the hill - YES.

Comment

he should be on the decline now but not yet over the hill. that's very evident in his last fight that he still has it.

we'll see how big that decline is with this fight. he had a layoff and usually that's a negative in boxing but he knows his body more than anybody else so it could be bad or good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              You said Rafa was dangerous but you didn't specify for who. Like I said, dangerous to a rookie with barely any experience but shouldn't had been to someone like Nishioka. So IMO, if you're Nishioka and struggle vs Rafa then that's pretty sad.
              yah except nishi hardly struggled...marquez won like 3 rounds tops...maybe 4 but that's pushing it. especially in the later rounds nishioka was dominating marquez. just because he didn't get a KO win doesn't mean he struggled.

Comment

I never complained of him not fighting Nishioka, I actually saw from a mile away that he would fight him and I knew exactly why. His age and performance against Marquez. I've always looked down on this match up even when a lot of people were saying it's a good match up.

Comment

We won't know until we see how he performs against Donaire.

Comment

No. Donaire gets full credit from me if he gets the W.

Comment

if you put nishioka against any other 122 fighter aside from donaire, he would be more than a good matchup. donaire just happened to have haters that's why they're saying nishioka is a cherrypick.

Comment

Working...
                      X