Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Shakes Head at Claims He Was "Relieved' To Lose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IHITBACK View Post
    Only euros think those guys where ANYTHING....such as you did with glAss Jaw
    They were ranked top 5 in the world, not just Europe smarty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
      He lost at least 2 fights in olympics. Eddie bought his belt off Charles Martin.

Just beat 40+ year old shell of wlad.
      Ref saved him from having to fight Parker.
      Beaten no one else decent.

The guys is a quitter and a fraud.

I guarentee he paid a lot of money for those body builders muscles. Designer PEDS aren't cheap, neither is staying 1 step ahead of drug testers.

His "athleticism" is awful. Gasses too quick, stiff, too much muscle.
      That's a load of nonsense and you know it

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        He needs to do this like so many past greats did and get right back in there and get that revenge. At least the truth will be told. Just look no farther than the great Lennox Lewis as a most recent HW example.
        I agree..... he might get knocked out in the process but I hope not

Comment

I dont remember Wlad quitting in the corner because he was getting battered by a shot fat mexican.
          No he was out on the canvas with his tongue on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
            Young Wlad was indeed a lot like Joshua - rushing in to trade without the chin to back it up, question is whether Joshua can mature like Wlad did. Young Khan was the same, and Khan never changed, so he kept getting 'young Wladed' in fights (if you see what I mean).

The advice to Joshua is going to be clear - if you get the other guy hurt, stay composed, stay behind the jab and break them down while staying defensively responsible, and he sounds like he's got enough sense to understand and respond to that.

Its a balance, if he's overly fearful of return fire he ends up exhausted on nervous energy like David Price did after the first Thompson loss - but for sure Joshua has a lot more in his toolbox than Frank Bruno ever had and would be good to see him work his way back.
            Good post. I think it's a fine line when telling a guy to be patient and wait for the KO when it's worked for him so many times before. And also, Ironically, that may be what kept AJ from getting stopped vs. Wladimir himself. Vitali admitted that he was imploring Wlad to stay composed and not rush for the stoppage. Had he just went for it, AJ might have been a flash in the pan back then and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Does anyone doubt that Wlad from 2007-2013-ish would have easily knocked out Ruiz? I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
              No he was out on the canvas with his tongue on the floor
              Wlad has been on his feet for all of his stoppages.
              You must be a noob to boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                When Ruiz hurt AJ, Andy went for the kill.

Joshua cannot fight when a dude is firing at him. Ruiz is not even a big puncher.

AJ is Audley Harrison JR.

A lot of BS on AJs resume. Guy is maybe a top 20 HW.
                Thats a bit harsh! Can u please name ALL the HW's you reckon are better than AJ? I need a good laugh
                Last edited by Robertthebruce; 06-19-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  They also moonlight as financial advisors and promoter's consultants for all boxers.

Their versatility is amazing 😂

Comment

I heard that the version of Charles Martin AJ beat, was better than a prime Mohummad Ali.

Lol - no fighter peaks when there 40.

Very weird for Wlad to retire when he was just reaching his peak. he must of had another solid 20 years of boxing in him if he only just reached his peak.
                    I was watching Wlads fight against Mercer the other day, and you can clearly see how much faster and more athletic he was then. Sure, he was tactically alot better as he got older but still. Furys style was just all wrong for him. As for Martin, he did walk this earth like a God 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                      I agree..... he might get knocked out in the process but I hope not
                      Definitely, but as he showed in the 3rd rd. he can get hold of Ruiz and he can hurt him.

Let's not forget, if AJ had landed cleanly on even one of those follow up shots after the Ruiz KD, we may never have had this conversation.

Comment

Working...
                      X