No announcement yet.

Is Johnny Walker Blue worth the price?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dick Buffman View Post
    Dumb bastard. When I'm partying with the heads of Paramount television on Christmas eve, we drink Jack too.

And they live in Bel Air.

The yoke's on you.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Nice one jack

Comment

JW Blue is scotch.

Comment

America >>Scotland

Whisky=Scotch

Unless you wanna get reeeeally technical.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Buffman View Post
          America >>Scotland

Whisky=Scotch

Unless you wanna get reeeeally technical.
          Different blends of whiskey.

Comment

Originally posted by Sombras View Post
            I've been hearing good things about it, Anyone tried it before?
            Yes it is. I drink it regularly. I like single malts better though, Mcallan good but the blue equivalent is pricey. I like Glenfiddich as well. Can't go wrong with blue though. If your drinking blue, do it with no ice and a little water if you want to taste it better. I drink it straight up.

Comment

Obviously blue is scrumptious. It's smooth as fuk, vanilla, toasty and smells terrific. The thing is when a liquor manufacturer such as Johnnie walker, hennessey, remy, even Pierre jouet and Dom, figure out they've developed their name- the quality of their booze goes down. They start to live off their marketing budgets and product placements so there are other distillers or winemakers that spend more on quality (better facilities, grapes, longer aging, more quality control etc) than superfluous sh it.

Bottom line, it is good- fuk yes. It is overpriced- fuk yes. Can you get a better single malt for cheaper? Probably but at $110 for a fifth you're getting as good a deal as you can find. Just don't drink it all at once, after the third drink, you're no longer getting the true experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                Obviously blue is scrumptious. It's smooth as fuk, vanilla, toasty and smells terrific. The thing is when a liquor manufacturer such as Johnnie walker, hennessey, remy, even Pierre jouet and Dom, figure out they've developed their name- the quality of their booze goes down. They start to live off their marketing budgets and product placements so there are other distillers or winemakers that spend more on quality (better facilities, grapes, longer aging, more quality control etc) than superfluous sh it.

Bottom line, it is good- fuk yes. It is overpriced- fuk yes. Can you get a better single malt for cheaper? Probably but at $110 for a fifth you're getting as good a deal as you can find. Just don't drink it all at once, after the third drink, you're no longer getting the true experience.
                Great post, Thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sombras View Post
                  I've been hearing good things about it, Anyone tried it before?
                  It's a very good scotch but for the price I would rather have a single malt over it.

Try
                  Laphroiag
                  Macallan
                  lagavulin
                  or Glen fiddich 15 years or 18 years.(They have sampler sets of 1 shot 10,15,18 years try them first).

Comment

Only had Blue and I would say it isn't worth the price. It is really good but I can't justify spending that amount of money on it. I drink Black instead and it does the trick imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post

listen to Walt he know what he's talking about,
                      Walt can you get Cuban cigar in your area or they're still banned?.

Comment

Working...
                      X