No announcement yet.

filling your bag with sand.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filling your bag with sand.

How many of you guys do this. What I did to mine is: origanaly 100lbs bag and took half the original ripped rags out, took 40lbs of sand (was 50lbs but with what fell out on the floor in the prossess I guess its around 40.) and put them in 2 garbage bags, stacked them on top of eachother and put rags inbetween the spaces and on top. I guess is around 140lbs.
    And I already injured my wrist on a previous atempt (left hook from the rear) to fill it with sand (I just threw the stuff in without eny bags.) that took me out of bag work for 7 weeks and weights for 5.

I suppose it would help my punches with the extra density and weight.

i tried filling my everlast 70lb bag with sand and some rags, but i ended up injuring my hands. you would think sand would be soft, but it packs down really hard. i bought a TKO 100lb pre-filled bag in the end and i've not hurt my hands since.

Comment

do u get something known as baby wrists when first using the heavy bag. in the first 2 weeks i couldn't hit with fool force as my wrists hurt but after that they were fine and i can now throw maximam power punches.

Comment

accualy I have callouses on my knuckles. When I was begining I used to get pains in my outside forearm bone and little red spots in between my fingers. thew worst i got now is bruises on my outside LEFT knuckles. Ive never hurt my right. ive been punchin hard scence 11 (allmost 16 now) years old so my hands are almost antiprone to damage (durring heavy bag sessions I onely use double wrap wrist wraps and wrap them is such a way that my knuckles are exposed.)

cmason, I know what you mean, Ive hurt my wrist too that way. its like hitting a rock!

Comment

Heavybags and sand isnt adviced, its just an injury waiting to happen.

Heavy punchers should just buy a bag with a D ring on the bottom.

Comment

whats a D ring?

Comment

also for heavy punchers

if your bag at home isnt hung from a ceiling, and it hangs from like a heavy bag stand, then youll know its a pain in the ass to keep moving the bag off the back of your shop, or whatever..i used to have to throw my overhand right soft because the bag & stand would fall over altogether..multiple holes in my shop wall from that ****, but this is the fix:

duct tape the fabric that the hook holes are connected to, in a circular motion,all the way up to the top of the bag..tape up the top of the bag, in strips across the top and going down about 6 inches on the side..then tape around that, it will be perfect

when you hit the bag it swings way less, more resistance, etc. i just taped my bag today, there was like 15 lb of stuffing on my shop floor that i put in a grocery store bag and then re filled the top of the bag, the top of the bag busted open the first 3-4-5 mo I had it..that duct tape helps alot so get it thick around where you land your hooks

hope this helped

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_fght
                whats a D ring?
                Its a steel loop on the bottom of your bag, that way you can fix it to the floor. If you punch too hard the bag swings too much without it.

Comment

Anyone know where to buy a 200 pound bag, i've heard they make them but can't find one anywhere

Comment

Working...
                  X