No announcement yet.

Breakdown of Leonard-Hagler Scoring.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakdown of Leonard-Hagler Scoring.

This fight may be the most annoying to me in the history of boxing. It absolutely kills me to talk about it, much less watch it. However, I did the deed and assembled a panel of 4 other judges to give their scores and include comments. We compared them to the judges' cards, the media scores, and put them up against each other. It turned out to be pretty interesting. It amazes me that people I respect can score it for Leonard with no room to give. Yuck. Anyway, you can check out how it turned out at www.theboxingbulletin.com if you have a few minutes. Incidentally, I scored it 7-4-1 for Hagler, and can't even see 6 rounds for Leonard.

I didn't really have a problem with the decision going either way. Personally I think you can make a better case for Hagler.

What was ridiculous, though, was a 118-110 card for Leonard by Jo Jo Guerra.

Comment

By judges do you mean official boxing judges, or at least people with judging experience, or just knowledgable boxing fans? - I have it for Hagler, but i can see a case for either

Comment

The score cards were definitely bull****, but I think Leonard's showboating and perseverance gave him a lot of rounds. Specifically when Hagler had him pinned against the ropes, Leonard always fought back, making the rounds hard to score.

Comment

im surprised u had it 7-4-1 as it was a twelve round fight

Comment

Not official judges, just long-time fans who really know their stuff. In all honesty, they're just as good, if not better than most official judges.

Comment

Originally posted by ironjab View Post
              7+4+1=....?

Comment

am i missing something 7+4+1 = 12

Comment

I'm surprised you don't realize that 7+4+1=12.

In one post, you've reached Horus status, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD View Post
                    Not official judges, just long-time fans who really know their stuff. In all honesty, they're just as good, if not better than most official judges.
                    I was going to say, if you had it scored by official judges i wouldn't put any weight on that... lol

Comment

Working...
                    X