Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent Wants To Use WWE Theatrics To Pump Events

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first of all boxing is not the wwe or mma no matter how many similarities they might have. the first time a fighter pulls out of a fight, boxing fans are not going to sit thru just a concert or theactrics no matter who's performing. they tried that about 30 years ago with ali/forman and the concert was a complete flop because forman got cut and the fight was delayed, but the concert had to go on, and they had legendary artists. i personally think 50's trying to cash out.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
      So basically he wants to do what Prince Hamed did 15 years ago and pretend like he invented it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYxAfGfNg14
      Exactly what I was thinking... I was going to post one of these.

Comment

cool...Curtis trying to change the game

I kinda like that idea though....let the fireworks pop off and all that LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          I am already interested in the fights, I don't need storylines to grab my attention. If I wanted to see that I would just simply watch WWE since I am sure they are better at that sort of thing than 50.
          Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          With that said, i'm interested to see what theatrics 50 Cent is talking about. Maybe we'll be seeing Hell In A Cell matches, and Tag Team fights in the near future.

SMS taking over.
          hes obviously not talking about that kind of stuff, ita just the presentation. bigger entrances and maybe a short video before with some quick interviews and fight footage.

like the ufc in other words. im not a fan of mma at all but their presentation is phenomenal, they can get you pumped up for a fight you dont care about. even if you know its gonna suck you want to know whos gonna win.

that kind of stuff really benefits the event, it builds up excitement and makes the experience more entertaining. i think most ppl are just complaining bcuz they dont like 50, i really dont see how better entertainment value is a bad thing.

its not gonna take focus away from the fight, its the exact oposite. besides, when you put on a long card theres almost always delays and they can suck the excitement out of the room. keeping ppl entertained and then building up excitement for the upcoming bouts is great.

i wondered for a long time why promoters in boxing didnt do this already, just seems lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev-
            50 Cent's entrance for the Gamboa fight sucked so badly that it even made Gamboa suck that night.

I cringed when the fans gave no reaction to 50. You're performing Hip Hop to Mexicans and Pinoys. The Mexicans cheer for that mariachi sh-t, and the Pinoys want to hear that Gangnam style song.
            lmao.. hilarious

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Hahahahaha he crazy

Comment

If its a horrible as him being dropped from the ceiling....no thanks. Dont quit your day job 50...your last intro sucked

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  hes obviously not talking about that kind of stuff, ita just the presentation. bigger entrances and maybe a short video before with some quick interviews and fight footage.

like the ufc in other words. im not a fan of mma at all but their presentation is phenomenal, they can get you pumped up for a fight you dont care about. even if you know its gonna suck you want to know whos gonna win.

that kind of stuff really benefits the event, it builds up excitement and makes the experience more entertaining. i think most ppl are just complaining bcuz they dont like 50, i really dont see how better entertainment value is a bad thing.

its not gonna take focus away from the fight, its the exact oposite. besides, when you put on a long card theres almost always delays and they can suck the excitement out of the room. keeping ppl entertained and then building up excitement for the upcoming bouts is great.

i wondered for a long time why promoters in boxing didnt do this already, just seems lazy.
                  Damn, are you serious? Here I genuinely thought we were about to watch rings surrounded by fire, Tables Ladders & Chair matches, and fighters interfering each others fights by hitting their rival with a steel chair from behind. You really burst my bubble bro. I really didn't know what 50 Cent meant.

Comment

Oh Curtis...you jack wagon....

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Damn, are you serious? Here I genuinely thought we were about to watch rings surrounded by fire, Tables Ladders & Chair matches, and fighters interfering each others fights by hitting their rival with a steel chair from behind. You really burst my bubble bro. I really didn't know what 50 Cent meant.
                      Man, I was really looking forward to the T&A grudge match between the Carona Girls and the Tecate Girls.

Comment

Working...
                      X