Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's more skilled : Moreno or Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rigondeaux has the better timing and looks "sharper" to me (he's also a big puncher,) but he's not a professional on the level of moreno. that guy can f#cking fight. tons of tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
      I would give the edge to Moreno, I think he is a little more WELL ROUNDED offensively

he can sit back and wait for the counter but he can also go after you and land combos and be gone before your able to swing back
      Moreno's offense is the most obvious aspect where he is superior but his defense is also much better than Rigo's too. Rigo's D relies on maintaining and dictating range which he is very good, in large part due to his footwork which is great but when his opponent gets in range or especially when Rigo is trying to land punches his defense isn't anything special.

Moreno's defense is equally elusive at any range. He has very good footwork too and can box from the outside fighting off the backfoot but he can also stand in the pocket parry or block, slip, bob, weave and roll punches making you miss and counter you with combination punches. James Toney is another example of someone who could do that in the pocket, not alot of fighters who are known for their defense are capable of that and its what makes Moreno's defense exceptional in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        Moreno's offense is the most obvious aspect where he is superior but his defense is also much better than Rigo's too. Rigo's D relies on maintaining and dictating range which he is very good, in large part due to his footwork which is great but when his opponent gets in range or especially when Rigo is trying to land punches his defense isn't anything special.Moreno's defense is equally elusive at any range. He has very good footwork too and can box from the outside fighting off the backfoot but he can also stand in the pocket parry or block, slip, bob, weave and roll punches making you miss and counter you with combination punches. James Toney is another example of someone who could do that in the pocket, not alot of fighters who are known for their defense are capable of that and its what makes Moreno's defense exceptional in my opinion.
        excellent post and observation..i agree 100 %

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          I say Moreno is better skilled as a pro fighter.

Rigo with better Amuetur skills that do help him as a pro.
          Agreed. Moreno is the skilled pro

Comment

Tough one. One way to find out eeh? If this fight by any stretch of the imagination ever gets made, 90% of this board will go off in tirades on how boring it will be. So if you truly want to see this then opine. I say Rigo however Moreno obviously has proved to many given his time in the pros.

Comment

If you seen them fight you know that Moreno is faster on his feet. He goes in, out, left right and move hia head and torso a lot. He has some Pernell in him. Rigo hands are faster. He plays with you and trick in you in his traps. Rigo ring IQ has no comparison. Both skill fighters. No competition between them IMO, you just cant compare skill level

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Moreno. I'd trust him to adapt his skills to different situations better than Rigondeaux.

When he opens up, Moreno is a delight to watch. Moreno is boxing ****.

Comment

moreno... but rigo is the king of amateurs though...

Comment

more skilled is probably rigondeaux i know alot will say moreno because he has more pro fights but with as many pro fights as he has compared to rigondeaux he really doesn't have any great win unless you wanna count the darchinyan fight. both seem to be very skilled fighters to me

Comment

Working...
                    X