No announcement yet.

Who Gives Murray A Chance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ainsley View Post
    i'm going over for this fight as well as doing a football trip while there. how big is the stadium that the fight is being held in?

50,000 seat soccer stadium.

Comment

Murray's going to have to be mentally as hard as hell for this one....fighting Martinez in Argentina was always going to be mucho tough, but trying to win the thing in a 50,000 seater soccer stadium is a massive ask.

With the whole Falklands dispute beginning to get rancid and nasty again - Argentina's President is currently stirring the pot - it won't be a great time for a Brit who looks like a Royal Marine to be in Buenos Aires.

Personally, I wouldn't be that surprised if Martinez v Murray ends up in Atlantic City or Vegas if the politicians are still swapping hate letters.....and that might be very good news for Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
        Murray's going to have to be mentally as hard as hell for this one....fighting Martinez in Argentina was always going to be mucho tough, but trying to win the thing in a 50,000 seater soccer stadium is a massive ask.

With the whole Falklands dispute beginning to get rancid and nasty again - Argentina's President is currently stirring the pot - it won't be a great time for a Brit who looks like a Royal Marine to be in Buenos Aires.

Personally, I wouldn't be that surprised if Martinez v Murray ends up in Atlantic City or Vegas if the politicians are still swapping hate letters.....and that might be very good news for Murray.
        Ah very good point about a switch in venue. Argentina are pushing hard for the islands back and this could blow up big time over the coming months. I mean it's not quite the cold war and Rocky 4 but he'll be the proper villain in this one.

For the record I completely agree with the Argentinian stance on this one. Our stance of "ask the islanders" what they prefer when there all "British" anyway is a joke. I hate how much of the civilised western world have this so called righteousness over ****e like this. Like the Americans seeing themselves as world peace keeper yet can't pass a law to stop the slaughter of their own people...doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Murray has same chance as Macklin and Barker I think they are all similar level, Murray being probably the biggest size but he is a bit slow, I'd imagine Martinez will be able to outbox him fairly easily for 12 rounds, havent seen Murray hurt so though so he may be able to find a way on and get KO, very much doubt it though.

I think Taansend 8% right is probably about right.

Comment

Originally posted by rampant View Post
            Murray has same chance as Macklin and Barker I think they are all similar level, Murray being probably the biggest size but he is a bit slow, I'd imagine Martinez will be able to outbox him fairly easily for 12 rounds, havent seen Murray hurt so though so he may be able to find a way on and get KO, very much doubt it though.

I think Taansend 8% right is probably about right.
            My point on this is that is the Martinez that faces Murray the same Martinez that faced Barker & Macklin?

He's 1-2 years closer to 40 & coming off some surgery. Seeing how he got pushed hard in his last 3 fights, coupled with the injuries has me dreaming a little...

As for the Falklands saga, it's just political maneuvering. If things are going badly at home, stir up trouble with an 'enemy'. Bush did it with Iraq & politicians have been doing it since civilisations began.

Comment

Watch the last 20 seconds of the sturm fight. If that round was 30 seconds longer we would have seen a veey badly hut murray.

Im a massive murray fan, followed his career since he won prize fighter. I think martinez is a big ask though.

Murray isnt gonna get the nod on points in Argentina......even if he knocks him down every round and I can't see him getting the ko.

I think if it is the martinez of old then Murray will get stopped between 10 and 12.

P.s excuse the spelling and grammer........im pissed and using my phone

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                I haven't seen too much of Murray. Just the Sturm & Navarro fights. He didn't look remotely hurt (I mean proper hurt) in either one.

On a skill level I'd rate him a 4 to Martinez's 10.

But I just have this feeling that he could pull off an upset next April.

Sergio will be 38 by fight time and coming off two major injuries.

I'm not saying that Murray will win, just that he has a good chance.

If I can get decent odds on a Murray win I'll shove a few quid on it.
                Not a chance in hell does Murray stand against Martinez not unless Martinez has rapidly aged over night for this fight...
                Murray doesn't have any real solid punching power to beat Martinez, I see Sergio boxing circles around him and finishing him off in latter stage of the fight 11th round TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by casual hero View Post
                  Watch the last 20 seconds of the sturm fight. If that round was 30 seconds longer we would have seen a veey badly hut murray.
                  True, but the Sturm fight was a HUGE jump in class (as is the Martinez fight) & also only the 2nd time he'd gone past 8 rounds - and 1st time against a decent opponent.

Comment

I'd hardly favor Murray but of course the man has a chance. Sergio was recently troubled by two top domestic-level fighters in Macklin and Barker, so yeah, I see Murray as a pretty game fighter.

Still think Sexy stops him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post

If anything, the Falklands dispute will only make Argentinian fans more keen on showing up to see their hero knock out a British guy. It may be a coincidence but it wouldn't surprise me if the promoters picked Murray because they knew his nationality would help sell the fight over there.

I think it'll be a very hostile atmosphere. If Murray somehow won, it'd make the Hagler-Minter crowd reception look polite and friendly by comparison.

Comment

Working...
                      X