No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Robinson is overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Ray Robinson is overrated

I don't know why everyone thinks he is so great. He lost 19 fights- Mike Tyson only lost 6. Besides that he lost to a woman in a fight - Carmen. The lady who they made the opera about beat robinson.

Also, for my nest point, robinson is dead. He is not alive. If he was so great he' be alive and beating people up.

finally, it needs to be noted that he's overrated. People need to consider that when determining if he is overrated or not.

In conclusion, I like boxing, and robinson is the worst fighter I have ever seen.

You're also forgetting he is only a Middleweight, how can a Middleweight be the GOAT, Ali would whip his poor middleweight ass.

Comment

He should get his own nickname instead of stealing one from Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        He should get his own nickname instead of stealing one from Leonard.
        You are crazy! They both clearly got their name from the great Anthony "Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr" Small. Watch more fights. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21676091946

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          I don't know why everyone thinks he is so great. He lost 19 fights- Mike Tyson only lost 6. Besides that he lost to a woman in a fight - Carmen. The lady who they made the opera about beat robinson.

Also, for my nest point, robinson is dead. He is not alive. If he was so great he' be alive and beating people up.

finally, it needs to be noted that he's overrated. People need to consider that when determining if he is overrated or not.

In conclusion, I like boxing, and robinson is the worst fighter I have ever seen.
          Utterly overrated............. He thought he was a great tap-dancer............ And I think he's JUST TOTAL RUBBISH compared to the Nicholas Brothers......... about as good at dancing as Les Darcy was as a Vaudeville and movie actor,....... yep Darcy was overrated, if he was that good a movie actor............ well you'da thought if he was, his movie would still be available............ Ray Robinson is a **** tap-dancer and Les Darcy was a **** ACTOR.... I don't know what anybody see's in them..... maybe they'd have been better boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post

Couldn't agree more! If he had any balls, he would have been born around 1980, so he could have matched skills with modern boxers. But, oh no... this yellow bum went and got born at a time, where he only had to fight primitive old-timers such as Armstrong, LaMotta, Gavilan, etc. What a total wuss!

Comment

The guy was Friday Night Fights calibre at best.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...9244&cat=boxer

Comment

I agree, if the man was on colour televeision he would look no better then Carlos Baldomir, actually **** it, even Baldomir would clown this no defense having zombie.

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post

Sugar Ray isn't fit to shine The New Ray's boots.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  I agree, if the man was on colour televeision he would look no better then Carlos Baldomir, actually **** it, even Baldomir would clown this no defense having zombie.

Sugar Ray isn't fit to shine The New Ray's boots.
                  I think Arnel Barotillo would have schooled SRR....... and he was only a flyweight and Bantamweight......... He couldn't bat like Steve Waugh, Couldn't play as a front rower in a rugby league team. Jack Nicholas would kill him off the tee,a very poor Quarterback, and his POLE VAULTING TECHNIQUE and his triple somersault by-pass from the high tower was laughable,,,,,,,,,, And compared to Einstein,. he's hopeless. USELESS .... Too Big to be a Chimney sweep, to small for Basketball, useless with a sword..... William Wallace would have CUT HIM UP....... Who's this guy again ????????????

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post

WELL !!!!!!... obviously you missed the fact that he knocked out the ALL-TIME GREAT Shakha MOORE in ONE Round........ also wins over EVEN BIGGER LEGENDS LIKE -- JASON JORDAN ; WILLIE DIAMOND ; DARNELL GILES Jnr. ; NIGEL McKNIGHT (now there's a fighter for you !!!),..; HARRISON CUELLO ; The Phenomenal, Indefatigueable, GOAT EBERTO MEDINA......... I admit I haven't heard of Roberto Acevido.... but when you take into account that he lost only two fights....... but then again, WHO COULD EVER BEAT SHAWN PORTER and BRAD SOLOMON.............. Nobody, THAT'S WHO !!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X