Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael has even had to conform to ESPN's new marketing approach to boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Rafael has even had to conform to ESPN's new marketing approach to boxing

He wrote an article about the Fury fight this past weekend. I haven't read much of Dan's recent stuff, but in the past he hasn't been shy about slamming mismatches and calling them pathetic. But here he didn't do that. Not one word about how Schwarz is club-fighter level or anything like that. He must have to conform to how ESPN does their boxing coverage now, which is a bunch of hyping and marketing stuff and no real analysis or anything of value.

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
    He wrote an article about the Fury fight this past weekend. I haven't read much of Dan's recent stuff, but in the past he hasn't been shy about slamming mismatches and calling them pathetic. But here he didn't do that. Not one word about how Schwarz is club-fighter level or anything like that. He must have to conform to how ESPN does their boxing coverage now, which is a bunch of hyping and marketing stuff and no real analysis or anything of value.
    He did kinda say this...

" after destroying massive underdog Tom Schwarz."

"Although the Gypsy King was not facing a top opponent in Schwarz "

"It kept ... Fury ... 30, of England, busy"

Comment

I was liking ESPN's approach more than PBC and DAZN up until this weekend. Fuk, that was stomach turning. When Kellerman is the only honest guy in the room, you know your show is fukd.

Comment

ESPN has the best looking events in terms of camerawork, production values, etc and these ring card girls Uncle Bob has hired are out of this world (see my avatar!), but holy **** the commentary and content has been embarrassing as hell.

When Khan fought Crawford, they dedicated Khans build up before his ring walk to five minutes going over Khan cheating on his wife and how embarrassing it was when his webcam masturbation video came out, and then they cut to Kregel telling Khan what a bad husband he was. It was the craziest **** I’ve seen in a PPV since fan man who is in charge over there??

Comment

Arum cut off the endless stream of pizza and burgers, now Dan pushing the lineal BS

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            I was liking ESPN's approach more than PBC and DAZN up until this weekend. Fuk, that was stomach turning. When Kellerman is the only honest guy in the room, you know your show is fukd.
            No one was honest in the panel, even Ward was biting his lip the whole time, At least HBO let people disagree with the narrative a bit like Max and Ward did, but they looked like robots out there agreeing with everything that ESPN was pushing.

Comment

ESPN don't want people speaking the truth that is why Teddy Atlas was demoted

Comment

Top Rank / ESPN only like company men like Tim Bradley. Lying to casuals because they are easily influenced.

Comment

"Lineal Heavyweight World Champion" - ESPN describing Tyson Fury

Comment

Working...
                  X