Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pull through Zab.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      It's sad because fighters who fight well past their primes do so because they need the money. They are broke.

It's not like organized sports such as the NFL, NBA or MLB where retired players receive pensions. Boxers don't receive pensions.

If they don't manage their money well and wisely in their youth, then chances are they will be still fighting when their skills have declined and when they are well past their primes and beyond their physical peaks.
      This is exactly what I’m talking about, fighters are not protected financially. A lot of these guys aren’t educated either so don’t understand how to manage or invest their earnings properly.

The whole system is ethically wrong. For instance in a fighters contract it usually states if a fighter gets injured, disabled even killed etc, the promoter has no obligation to compensate them financially.

I actually know a guy who was 5-0 and fought for an area title, he drew the fight, fighting through tremendous head trauma. He later went home and collapsed where it was discovered he had a bleed to the brain. Thankfully he survived but his living was taken away from him before he could earn anything significant and he literally received nothing in compensation. I HATE that about boxing, fighters need and deserve protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Luccio View Post
        warburton and fido aren't capable. they are cowards... 😂😂😂😂
        Fidoe and Warburton could literally team your mother and wouldn’t do a thing about it you little troll.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          This is exactly what I’m talking about, fighters are not protected financially. A lot of these guys aren’t educated either so don’t understand how to manage or invest their earnings properly.

The whole system is ethically wrong. For instance in a fighters contract it usually states if a fighter gets injured, disabled even killed etc, the promoter has no obligation to compensate them financially.

I actually know a guy who was 5-0 and fought for an area title, he drew the fight, fighting through tremendous head trauma. He later went home and collapsed where it was discovered he had a bleed to the brain. Thankfully he survived but his living was taken away from him before he could earn anything significant and he literally received nothing in compensation. I HATE that about boxing, fighters need and deserve protection.
          You are absolutely right and well said!

Comment

You are absolutely right and well said!
            The problem is going to be money. The other sports are very well funded so in a sense they have a May-Pac fight every year where we are lucky to get one a generation so they have a big source of revenue where boxing doesn't.
            I think a lot of cards are lucky to break even.

I think it's an awesome idea overall but it' hard to see how it could work on a national or even state basis but it would be cool if someone tried.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              The problem is going to be money. The other sports are very well funded so in a sense they have a May-Pac fight every year where we are lucky to get one a generation so they have a big source of revenue where boxing doesn't.
              I think a lot of cards are lucky to break even.

I think it's an awesome idea overall but it' hard to see how it could work on a national or even state basis but it would be cool if someone tried.
              Yeah it’s never going to happen. Boxing will never have a national commission to oversee something like this. Boxing is a brutal sport both inside and outside of the ring, it’s the nature of the beast unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Luccio View Post
                U MAD XD

i think your entire post was one big freudian slip.
                in other words... U GAY XD
                You definitely need to get a dog or maybe a goat for intimate relations.maybe it will help you with your childish responses.umad ...you need to slap yourself

Comment

Judah knew the risks.

He was a declining fighter when Khan beat him FFS.

Comment

Have you gotten laid yet? You need a woman to give you some pussy. Are you married or have a girlfriend because you needs some love and a bitch in your life as soon as possible. You are one lonely dude to be seeking male attention!
                    Doesn't mean a thing try being with someone 5 years and have them act like you don't exist no sex for 7 weeks and counting I'm bored!

Comment

Working...
                    X