Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Black Panther Party Rep Gets Real About Trump & Race!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    Lol racial identity is a pretty new concept in humanity history
    This means nothing unless you are suggesting everyone looked the same in Jesus' day.

Race is clearly a thing, even if its not as cut n dry as people make it, even if it was different or not as much of a thing back in "biblical" times. Thus Jesus OBVIOUSLY had a racial identity.

Then who cares what skin colour, Jesus was, it is just completely restarted and tells a lot about the insecurities about the people trying to appropriate the dude.
    I'd counter-argue it says a lot about the insecurities of those arguing against Jesus' non-white-ness.

I don't even have a dog in the what race was Jesus debate cuz I don't buy ANY religion origin story, but from his description in the bible it don't sound like he was the guy I've seen hanging around in churches so for that reason its a lil odd you gotta admit.

It'd be like if suddenly George Bush Jr was being represented as a Asian woman in the media (although in fairness with the Bruce to Caitlyn thing this might be a reality these days). Granted the appearance of Jesus isn't known in the same way as George Jr is, but the analogy remains relevant. The known details of bible Jesus doesn't appear to be the same guy as the public facing Jesus Churches throw out there.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      That's kinda out of left field.

Did you watch the video? What's your assessment of the guest?
      No but I know 90% of blacks vote Democrat

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        No but I know 90% of blacks vote Democrat
        So you just came here to talk shlt. Guess you just wanted to make your point that "whoever votes democrat is stupid" and "90% of blacks vote democrat"...so according to you...

we know what dumb bs you are trying to spread.

Well spoiler alert. Surprise muffuccka. He voted for Trump.

And welcome to the ignore list.
        Last edited by travestyny; 03-29-2019, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          This means nothing unless you are suggesting everyone looked the same in Jesus' day.

Race is clearly a thing, even if its not as cut n dry as people make it, even if it was different or not as much of a thing back in "biblical" times. Thus Jesus OBVIOUSLY had a racial identity.

I'd counter-argue it says a lot about the insecurities of those arguing against Jesus' non-white-ness.

I don't even have a dog in the what race was Jesus debate cuz I don't buy ANY religion origin story, but from his description in the bible it don't sound like he was the guy I've seen hanging around in churches so for that reason its a lil odd you gotta admit.

It'd be like if suddenly George Bush Jr was being represented as a Asian woman in the media (although in fairness with the Bruce to Caitlyn thing this might be a reality these days). Granted the appearance of Jesus isn't known in the same way as George Jr is, but the analogy remains relevant. The known details of bible Jesus doesn't appear to be the same guy as the public facing Jesus Churches throw out there.
          Racial identity doesn't mean sht unless you give it proper value it is just that modern society is obsessed with it, race is not an identity unless you make something out of it.

You didn't read my full comment.

Christianism grew up in Europe, and people represented him like themselves.

The American church is just a following of the European church.

We actually have a picture of ww bush, not Jesus. So European churches represented him white, that's all.

So people had to represent him.somehow in times with no camera, internet...there is no conspiracy behind it nor something wrong imo

Same with Buddhism, Buddah is represented as a fat Asian in Thailand, China, when Buddah was a slim tall north Indian and never looked probably like bubboy Fernandez lol it is not a problem in Asia...and it shouldn't IMO

Those debate are just typical ignorant American issues sorry to tell bro

American people should travel more instead of closing themselves into dumb" racial iden******"

Any people claiming Jesus was white or black or anything are idiots, they have no clue, and it doesn't make sense either way, Jesus was a middle eat jew born in Palestine,
          but I have no problem with people representing him fat, slim, black, orange whatever...
          Last edited by BillyBoxing; 03-29-2019, 01:03 AM.

Comment

I'll take a listen for the black panther dude but jessie is an idiot. Hard to watch any of his videos and take him seriously

Comment

This is what a first century Jew born in Jerusalem looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                Racial identity doesn't mean sht unless you give it proper value it is just that modern society is obsessed with it, race is not an identity unless you make something out of it.
                This is silly. EVERYTHING about you is a part of your identity. Gender, height, race, weight, hair color, eye color, attractiveness, posture, etc & so on. It all defines you to some degree along with your personal attributes & your actions.

We actually have a picture of ww bush, not Jesus. So European churches represented him white, that's all.
                Where did I say we have a picture of Jesus? We do have a description of him in the bible & thats not a accurate depiction of him in church.

Those debate are just typical ignorant American issues sorry to tell bro

American people should travel more instead of closing themselves into dumb" racial iden******"
                I'm not really seeing this as much of a debate. The guy described in the book isn't the guy hangin up in churches. Thats the beginning & end of my angle with this.

I could give a f#ck about the reasons for it. And I'm not THAT invested in it cuz I don't believe in magical mfers in the first place.

For the people who believe in Jesus you're probably right or more right than wrong anyway.

And while I don't disagree Americans should travel more what you are discounting is Americans aren't one thing like virtually every other country in the world. Americans ARE the world. We got mfers from all over the globe in this country exposing us to numerous cultures & beliefs unlike anywhere else in the world.

I'm no spring chicken & when I was growing up in a 5,000 population town I had white kids of various nationalities, black kids, Mexican & PR kids, Asian kids from a couple backgrounds & even one Indian cat in my classes before I made it to Jr High & I might be forgetting some race/nationalities.

And this wasn't NYC or Chicago where you can enter whole sections of a city thats a lil fake Americanized version of various countries.

So Americans actually tend to have more experience with dealing with various groups outside whatever your own group is from birth in lotsa areas in the US.

but I have no problem with people representing him fat, slim, black, orange whatever...
                Then why the f#ck you going back n forth with me lol?

I don't even believe in the f#cking guy but the book guy & the church guy don't f#cking match up is all I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  We are no longer pawns to the Democratic Party.
                  Sure.

Ya'll still vote 90 percent Democrat.

Who the fuck is anybody fooling who any more?

Comment

I don't even believe in the f#cking guy but the book guy & the church guy don't f#cking match up is all I'm saying.
                    I'm with you. I don't believe Jesus ever existed. Definitely not in the capacity that is claimed. None of the prominent historians alive at that time and in the area ever mentioned a dude that performed all types of miracles? Hmmm. The only mentions of him have been proven to be forgeries, and his story is far too similar to characters in other religions. The first zeitgeist documentary was very convincing regarding Jesus most likely never existing.

And you make a great point about his description being in the book, yet the images widely used being very, very different.

Comment

This is silly. EVERYTHING about you is a part of your identity. Gender, height, race, weight, hair color, eye color, attractiveness, posture, etc & so on. It all defines you to some degree along with your personal attributes & your actions.

Where did I say we have a picture of Jesus? We do have a description of him in the bible & thats not a accurate depiction of him in church.

I'm not really seeing this as much of a debate. The guy described in the book isn't the guy hangin up in churches. Thats the beginning & end of my angle with this.

I could give a f#ck about the reasons for it. And I'm not THAT invested in it cuz I don't believe in magical mfers in the first place.

For the people who believe in Jesus you're probably right or more right than wrong anyway.

And while I don't disagree Americans should travel more what you are discounting is Americans aren't one thing like virtually every other country in the world. Americans ARE the world. We got mfers from all over the globe in this country exposing us to numerous cultures & beliefs unlike anywhere else in the world.

I'm no spring chicken & when I was growing up in a 5,000 population town I had white kids of various nationalities, black kids, Mexican & PR kids, Asian kids from a couple backgrounds & even one Indian cat in my classes before I made it to Jr High & I might be forgetting some race/nationalities.

And this wasn't NYC or Chicago where you can enter whole sections of a city thats a lil fake Americanized version of various countries.

So Americans actually tend to have more experience with dealing with various groups outside whatever your own group is from birth in lotsa areas in the US.

Then why the f#ck you going back n forth with me lol?

But race is a dumb concept, most people are mixed, ranking people in white, black, Latinos is idiotic.

I have a question for you.

What race Canelo is?
                      An American would say Mexican, Latino, but Mexican is not a race.
                      Canelo is from a gallego Spanish family in Mexico. So technically he's white and European since Spain is in Europe.

So Latino, white, European, mexican?

I'm half Spanish, we Spanish have gaellic blood (Irish), north African blood, and also Caucasus countries blood from center Asia....

So race is a dumb concept, and skin colour should not be an issue, just like hair colour.

You are making a big deal out of it, and despite being in school with black cats, it doesn't make you understanding or feeling a piece of Africa and his realities.

Jesus said himself," separation is evil."

He was one wise ****ah especially dropping heavy sht 2000 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X