Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum stable in bad shape- nobody in there

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arum has built-up many fighters/champions through the decades and has been promoting longer than some of us have been alive. Top Rank is still ahead of Golden Boy, DiBella, Gary Shaw, Don King.

Comment

He just needs to Stop doing that inhouse thing and his fighters will be happy and so will the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by radab View Post
        Arum has built-up many fighters/champions through the decades and has been promoting longer than some of us have been alive. Top Rank is still ahead of Golden Boy, DiBella, Gary Shaw, Don King.
        Big props my man, hilarious avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          thing is the lower weights arent the cash cows. the most cash is made from about 147 up nowadays. so in a sense, arum is losing some of his luster.
          You really think he is losing his luster? He has some young talent. These cash fighters(Floyd, Pac, Cotto) are on the way out. And, he still has one of the top 3 draws. And, BTW Cotto might be a draw but a very distant third. I don't think he has had more than 300k PPV buys if Marg or Pac wasn't involved. Arum still has a young stable with solid prospects like Magdaleno and maybe the next star in Jose Benavidez. People are still waiting or hoping(whichever) for the demise of Arum/Top Rank. But, it's not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior M Weight View Post
            Vanda? Lol no he didnt. I've seen that fight twice.

Take your PR glasses off.
            PR glassess? You think because he is mexican and I am puerto rican I am hating. The one hating here is you. He lost to Vanda. Only a blind mexican fan will say otherwise. Even the people at the fight boo the decision. You dont know what you talking about. You should take off those glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
              and then he signed Bradley LOL!!!

Master HEAD-BUTTER with NO fanbase!

If Manny loses to him... it's over!

Bob Arum will have a bunch of dudes that will make him chump change.

Oascar is the new GOOD promoter in town! He'll give back to boxing because he actually loves the spot!
              Dont be surprised if Bob wants Bradley to beat Pacquiao. Pacquiao only has a few more fights left while Bradley is new with no fanbase. If Bradley beats Pacquiao he will immediately have a fanbase then Bob can hype him up and protect him from fights like he is doing with Pacquiao and Chavez Jr.

Comment

honestly until he got pac he has no problem and imho arum is known for building up named fighters from scratch so even though Manny wont be fighting for long, i dont see why arum as a veteran promoter will have problems building up new stars?

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                  Top Rank never runs out of mediocres to hype up and fool the public.
                  My point exactly. Bob has his people that support him in the media to hype up his fighters. Thats why he can say a cut takes 6 months to heal and most people pretend like its a good excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by eddoes View Post
                    Dont be surprised if Bob wants Bradley to beat Pacquiao. Pacquiao only has a few more fights left while Bradley is new with no fanbase. If Bradley beats Pacquiao he will immediately have a fanbase then Bob can hype him up and protect him from fights like he is doing with Pacquiao and Chavez Jr.
                    Top Rank is actually bring up Chavez Jr quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Top Rank is actually bring up Chavez Jr quite nicely.
                      I can kinda agree with you here. Lets just say Bob did what he had to do to let him develop properly.

Comment

Working...
                      X