Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I miss the championship rounds. Junior would've beaten Martinez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, if there was 15 rounds, Jr. would've just waited until the 15th round to do anything

Comment

Pretty sure Martinez would have waited till the fifteenth round then to sit still and try to put on a show in the final round.

Comment

Who knows what would have happened. Chavez could have got the KO/TKO or he could have taken far worse of a beating and be physically impaired for the rest of his life and for this reason they changed boxing from 15 to 12 rounds all for the safety of the fighters. Yes we could have gotten different outcomes in 15 rounders on so many fights or maybe not but that's just not the way boxing is anymore.

Now you got 12 rounds to do what you have to do to pull out the W, and your opponent has the exact same amount of time. May the best man win.
        Last edited by .Boxeo.; 01-30-2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

shoulda woulda coulda.

pacquiao woulda beat JMM too if it wasnt for that phantom right, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            The whole outcome of a fight changes if the fighters are fighting in preparation of 15 or 12 rounds.

It's not a case of "Chavez would have won because he would have had 3 rounds more to knock him out" as that would be assuming Sergio and him had the exact same game plan as they did for the 12 round fight which would be a terrible assumption.
            i was going to say the same thing

Comment

I tell you what, if Trinidad/DLH would have been a 15 round fight there would have been no debate in the decision.

Comment

If you want 15 rounds back, it makes sense that you bring back same day weigh-ins too.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                  Apparently you forgot how gassed JCC jr was in that 12th rd. As was Sergio, but just sayin.

You also forget that Sergio rallied back at the end of the round, and actually hurt JCC jr., after the KD.
                  Sergio is my favorite fighter, but not in your wildest dreams, will he EVER hurt Chavez! Chavez is too big for that man and that weight class. Yea Sergio busted hs face up, but Chavez doesnt feel that stuff!

Comment

Not to mention the fact that Sergio was injured and had no choice but to trade with Jr. in the 12th. 3 more rounds under the same circumstances Jr. would have gotten to him because Sergio could no longer use his movement and angles to break Jr. down.

On the flip side, 3 more rounds and Jr. may have gotten the munchies at some point and just quit....

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                      shoulda woulda coulda.

pacquiao woulda beat JMM too if it wasnt for that phantom right, right?
                      "phantom" more like a jack hammer.

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                      If you want 15 rounds back, it makes sense that you bring back same day weigh-ins too.
                      I like that idea for sure. I have always thought it was silly and only allowed fighters to fight outside their weight class. If you're hydrating damn near 20lbs for a WW fight your ass should be fighting at 160.

One thing I did think about (just to start some ****) is how many more KO's FMJ would have with 3 extra rounds. All you haters should just stick with 12. 12 rounds does make the most safety sense considering the PED era and new studies on brain injuries. That's more important..............And Martinez may have been in big trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X