Internet Explorer users have lower IQ says study

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Internet Explorer users have lower IQ says study

Internet Explorer users have lower IQ says study

Does your choice of browser determine intelligence?

Internet Explorer users have a lower than average IQ, according to research by Consulting firm AptiQuant.

The study gave web surfers an IQ test, then plotted their scores against the browser they used.

IE surfers were found to have an average IQ lower than people using Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Users of Camino and Opera rated highest.

The report has sparked anger from IE supporters, who have threatened AptiQuant with legal action.

Researchers gave over 100,000 web surfers a free online IQ test. Scores were stored in a database along with each person's web browser data.

The results suggested that Internet Explorer surfers had an average IQ in the low eighties. Chrome, Firefox and Safari rated over 100, while minority browsers Opera and Camino had an "exceptionally higher" score of over 120.

AptiQuant stressed that using IE doesn't mean you have low intelligence. "What it really says is that if you have a low IQ then there are high chances that you use Internet Explorer," said AptiQuant CEO Leonard Howard.

The findings have been treated with scepticism by Professor David Spiegelhalter of Cambridge University's Statistical Laboratory: "They've got IE6 users with an IQ of around eighty. That's borderline deficient, marginally able to cope with the adult world.

"I believe these figures are implausibly low - and an insult to IE users."

However, Mr Howard said he didn't feel threatened by a lawsuit: "A win in a court would only give a stamp of approval and more credibility to our report."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14370878

Has nothing to do with the browser itself, just that it's the default on windows. Less computer savvy individuals are likely to automatically use it without any consideration of merit. Plenty of bandwagon dumba$$es using the other browsers as well.

Comment

The little blue e is the interweb for some.
      Last edited by COVID-19; 08-03-2011, 05:34 AM.

Comment

I use Chrome on my PC...even on the Mac I use Chrome.

Comment

Getting upset about this item of non-news simply means that you don't understand statistics. It's like the politician who says "It has come to my attention that 50% of Canadians are of below average intelligence!" or of a manager saying "40% of all sick days take place on a Monday or a Friday, this is unacceptable!".

Comment

That's hilarious how IE users are getting all pissed off about this.

Comment

Makes a lot of sense to me.

Comment

[QUOTE=Taaj Manzoor;10936963]Internet Explorer users have lower IQ says study

Does your choice of browser determine intelligence?

Internet Explorer users have a lower than average IQ, according to research by Consulting firm AptiQuant.

The study gave web surfers an IQ test, then plotted their scores against the browser they used.

IE surfers were found to have an average IQ lower than people using Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Users of Camino and Opera rated highest.

The report has sparked anger from IE supporters, who have threatened AptiQuant with legal action.

Researchers gave over 100,000 web surfers a free online IQ test. Scores were stored in a database along with each person's web browser data.

The results suggested that Internet Explorer surfers had an average IQ in the low eighties. Chrome, Firefox and Safari rated over 100, while minority browsers Opera and Camino had an "exceptionally higher" score of over 120.

AptiQuant stressed that using IE doesn't mean you have low intelligence. "What it really says is that if you have a low IQ then there are high chances that you use Internet Explorer," said AptiQuant CEO Leonard Howard.

The findings have been treated with scepticism by Professor David Spiegelhalter of Cambridge University's Statistical Laboratory: "They've got IE6 users with an IQ of around eighty. That's borderline deficient, marginally able to cope with the adult world.

"I believe these figures are implausibly low - and an insult to IE users."

However, Mr Howard said he didn't feel threatened by a lawsuit: "A win in a court would only give a stamp of approval and more credibility to our report."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14370878

Did you find this nonessential item from IE?.
                Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
                Has nothing to do with the browser itself, just that it's the default on windows. Less computer savvy individuals are likely to automatically use it without any consideration of merit. Plenty of bandwagon dumba$$es using the other browsers as well.
                True dat.
                Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                I use Chrome on my PC...even on the Mac I use Chrome.
                This guys is soooooo defensive.LOL.

Comment

A bunch of kids probably took the test.

Comment

I use chrome. IE is clunky and comes prepackaged with wacky toolbars that are apain to uninstall. My wife uses IE because she has insufficient interest in computers to bother using something else.

Comment

Working...
                    X