Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undefeated Debate Champ Ben Shapiro Takes First Loss, QUITS Against BBC's Andrew Neil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    It's the quit that really matters, but if you're going for one-sided schooling, Wilder/Fury seems more apropos.
    No way, that was a competitive fight, far more competitive than Calz/Lacy at least. I'm assuming you meant Fury schooled Wilder (fine, he won most rounds) but he also got dropped twice and almost KO'd.

Terrible analogy for this interview where Shapiro landed nothing on his opponent despite trying desperately and KO'd himself.

The Lacy/Calzaghe thing at least makes some semblance of sense in that it was completely one sided despite the heavy undeserved hype on one side (Lacy/Shapiro)

The closest Fury comparison to the interview would be when Fury/Shapiro hit himself in the face.

Comment

Shapiro just talks fast, tries to sound smart, and people eat it up like he's some super smart genius. All he does in his debates is straw man and deflect.

Locking up women for abortion? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
        Shapiro just talks fast, tries to sound smart, and people eat it up like he's some super smart genius. All he does in his debates is straw man and deflect.

Locking up women for abortion? LOL
        Mr Shapiro is 1bad’s hero

Says it all

Fraud leading sheep

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
          No way, that was a competitive fight, far more competitive than Calz/Lacy at least. I'm assuming you meant Fury schooled Wilder (fine, he won most rounds) but he also got dropped twice and almost KO'd.

Terrible analogy for this interview where Shapiro landed nothing on his opponent despite trying desperately and KO'd himself.

The Lacy/Calzaghe thing at least makes some semblance of sense in that it was completely one sided despite the heavy undeserved hype on one side (Lacy/Shapiro)

The closest Fury comparison to the interview would be when Fury/Shapiro hit himself in the face.
          Although the nationalities are switched it reminded me of Floyd-Hatton. One guy taking his time, picking his shots, looking like he's having fun while the opponent gets more and more frustrated and frantic until they implode and run head first into a ring post. I guess this guy lacked Hatton's heart though

What about just the quit moment itself? It reminded me of Ortiz against Maidana "I'm young and famous, I don't deserve this"

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
            Lacy put up a fight. Wilder did not.

It took Fury getting sloppy and overconfident for Wilder to land a Hail Mary. First drop was off balance flash.

The problem is, Shapiro QUIT before the 6th round, so the fans didn't get to see what he was expected to deliver: a highlight reel Hail Mary.

As I said, the quit changed the whole scope of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Although the nationalities are switched it reminded me of Floyd-Hatton. One guy taking his time, picking his shots, looking like he's having fun while the opponent gets more and more frustrated and frantic until they implode and run head first into a ring post. I guess this guy lacked Hatton's heart though

What about just the quit moment itself? It reminded me of Ortiz against Maidana "I'm young and famous, I don't deserve this"
              Disagree on Hatton because he had Floyd off balance and uncomfortable in the early rounds before Floyd did that smile and started to put it on him.

Ortiz with the quit...eh maybe. It felt more like Nick Walters, since Shapiro gave Neil a Twitter equivalent of a hug and a kiss afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Again, this isnt a fight.

Mr Shapiro has never "knocked out" anyone to my knowledge.

Has he embarrassed countless people in debates? Yes.

Has he left many people completely speechless? Yes

But beating up people? No

As to being outclassed, again, there was no competition to speak of.

The interviewer never made a point, much less argued one with Mr Shapiro. He only attempted to play Gotcha! with Mr Shapiro, and Mr Shapiro wasn't interested in that nonsense at all so he left.

I would have done the same. I love to debate, but I absolutely refuse to play stupid Gotcha! games.
                Mr Shapiro lmao

are you his lawyer or something ?

Comment

shapiro and 1bad have a lot in common

both think they are intellectual heavweights

both like saying "stop playing gotcha"

and both only look good when arguing/debating kids or ******s

Comment

It was a trap, good job BBC. A learned lesson for Ben.

Comment

• Originally posted by BALLS DEEP View Post
                      Andrew Neil made him look like an angry little man.

I can change the way things appear to you. there's no point debating what you see. In fact, it's pretty obvious that your position against Shapiro shows you lack the intelligence and maturity to really taken seriously.

I am just telling you what happened. And how an adult male evaluates the situation. Neil was purposefully avoiding meaningful debate and trying to instigate Shapiro. Shapiro, in good grace and grand strategy, has conceded he got too angry. But he handled that exactly how any man should. Neil was being a sassy *****. Shapiro couldn't slap him, so he removed himself from the situation. Perfectly acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                      X