Official Fight Thread: Chad Dawson vs. Jean Pascal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Fight Thread: Chad Dawson vs. Jean Pascal

Chad Dawson vs. Jean Pascal

Fight takes place on August 18th, 2010 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Is anyone else hyped for this fight; who are you taking and why?
    Chad Dawson
    73.33%
    Jean Pascal
    26.67%
    Draw
    0.00%

I'm a big Dawson fan and a lot of people are calling this a wash for Dawson, but it won't be because of Pascal's speed and athleticism. when you have 2 fighters who are atheltic and speedy, its a tough fight for both of them because they constantly have to adjust to their opponent. I see a UD for Dawson, though. He's just smarter than Pascal.

Comment

Easy fight that shouldnt happen IMO. Pascal is clearly vry hurt. The fight has been post poned twice.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        I'm a big Dawson fan and a lot of people are calling this a wash for Dawson, but it won't be because of Pascal's speed and athleticism. when you have 2 fighters who are atheltic and speedy, its a tough fight for both of them because they constantly have to adjust to their opponent. I see a UD for Dawson, though. He's just smarter than Pascal.
        I'm hoping for a Dawson KO. Dawson, at the moment, is one of my favorite active fighters.

If Pascal shows up healthy, it should be a pretty good match up.

Comment

When I sue to see Pascal, I thought he had a little Roy Jones in him. He has improved a lot since his ESPN days to now.

But, I like Dawson in this fight. I don't think there is anybody around his weight-class that could beat.

It should be a very entertaining match up.

Comment

I think Chad Dawson will prove to athletic and big in this one. Although I will be rooting for Pascal, because I hope a win for him would set up a super fight with Lucian Bute.

Both guys will be coming off big layoffs in excess of 8 months so anything could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              When I sue to see Pascal, I thought he had a little Roy Jones in him. He has improved a lot since his ESPN days to now.

But, I like Dawson in this fight. I don't think there is anybody around his weight-class that could beat.

It should be a very entertaining match up.
              I know we've discussed this before, but once Dawson clears out his division, I'm hoping either he will move up, or some of the Super Middle Weights will move up to create some potential super fights. I'd love to see Dawson-Dirrell, or Dawson-Ward.

Comment

Even though I'm a supporter of both fighters, I can't get pumped about a fight that's taking place in 3 months. :conf3:

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                  Even though I'm a supporter of both fighters, I can't get pumped about a fight that's taking place in 3 months. :conf3:
                  Well, it beats talking about a potential Mayweather-Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
                    I know we've discussed this before, but once Dawson clears out his division, I'm hoping either he will move up, or some of the Super Middle Weights will move up to create some potential super fights. I'd love to see Dawson-Dirrell, or Dawson-Ward.
                    After he beats Pascal. And, Cloud beats Johnson. I would love to see that fight. There is also Chris Henry that should be a good styles match up. Also like to see him fight some up and comers Nathan Cleverly and Karo Murat. And, he can also unify the tiles with Beibut Shumenov who fights out Vegas now. And, maybe in a year Ismayl Sillakh would be ready.

By this time maybe hopefully fighters like Bute, Ward, Dirrell, and Froch will be at 175. And, if Calzaghe-Hopkins comes off and the winner does not retire. That will give him a chance with a big name

Comment

Working...
                    X