• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flawless. View Post
    And??? He is Haitian. He represented Haïti in the 2004 Summer Olympics
    his first choice was the us and failed so he represented haiti

Comment

Originally posted by ulises_solis View Post
      his first choice was the us and failed so he represented haiti
      Does it change the fact he is Haitian not American.

Comment

he defaulted because originially he didint qualify for the US team, hes as much hatian as Chris Kaman is german, come on man.

Comment

Berto was only on the Haitian team because he got disqualified for throwing his opponet to the mat, and was subsequently kicked off of the American team.

u really cant find any boxing writer or magazine that says margarito is american
          he was born in the us but everyone knowns he is mexican
          na·tion·al·i·ty (nsh-nl-t, nsh-nl-)
          n. pl. na·tion·al·i·ties
          1. The status of belonging to a particular nation by origin, birth, or naturalization.
          2. A people having common origins or traditions and often constituting a nation.
          3. Existence as a politically autonomous entity; national independence.
          4. National character.
          5. Nationalism.

He's an American by definition. Mexican-American to be specific. Like Oscar, only sans garters.

Comment

WOW, people take his nationality thing too far. A paper saying you are American means NOTHING. Let me get an Iraqi citizenship. Am I really Iraqi??? Idiots

Comment

WOW, people take his nationality thing too far. A paper saying you are American means NOTHING. Let me get an Iraqi citizenship. Am I really Iraqi??? Idiots
              A certified document from the Government stating that you were born in Iraq and are a citizen of Iraq would do.

No cheap assed knockoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by TucanMcGinty View Post
                Berto was only on the Haitian team because he got disqualified for throwing his opponet to the mat, and was subsequently kicked off of the American team.

na·tion·al·i·ty (nsh-nl-t, nsh-nl-)
                n. pl. na·tion·al·i·ties
                1. The status of belonging to a particular nation by origin, birth, or naturalization.
                2. A people having common origins or traditions and often constituting a nation.
                3. Existence as a politically autonomous entity; national independence.
                4. National character.
                5. Nationalism.

He's an American by definition. Mexican-American to be specific. Like Oscar, only sans garters.
                just a mere formality thats like saying duran is mexican cause his dad was mexican, because thats enough to get mexican nationality

Comment

Berto fought his ass off and put on a helluva show. He should have earned a lotta respect even if the decision for him was wrong. He was only exposed as not bein flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by TucanMcGinty View Post
                    A certified document from the Government stating that you were born in Iraq and are a citizen of Iraq would do.

No cheap assed knockoffs.
                    You are an idiot. If citizenship is so important why did they lock up Japanese Americans in WW2??

Comment

Originally posted by ulises_solis View Post
                      just a mere formality thats like saying duran is mexican cause his dad was mexican, because thats enough to get mexican nationality
                      That would make him a Mexican-Panamanian. Or at least half.
                      How do you guys not get this?

Comment

Working...
                      X