No announcement yet.

The end of an era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of an era?

Will boxing ever be the same after Marquez knocked out Pacquiao?

I hope this is the end of the hysteria surrounding Pacquiao and his legions of rabid followers.

the fashion of the KO will always be remembered despite mannys acclompishments, we'll always bring that up, pacfans are most to blame for this than Manny himself actually, they go alil overboard with the worshipping and now must pay..

Comment

Pac era is done, Thank God, who will the new star will be? Broner?

Comment

Originally posted by djeffectz View Post
        Pac era is done, Thank God, who will the new star will be? Broner?
        Whoever it is, let's just hope his fan base isn't nearly as irrational or delusional as Pacquiao's.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhook View Post
          Whoever it is, let's just hope his fan base isn't nearly as irrational or delusional as Pacquiao's.
          Or Floyd's. His fanbase is equally if not more irrational and delusional. Legions of ghetto youth praising a woman beater.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
            Or Floyd's. His fanbase is equally if not more irrational and delusional. Legions of ghetto youth praising a woman beater.
            I agree that Floyd's fanbase is deluded and irrational. But I don't think the world has seen anything like the worship Pacquiao received.

Comment

I think for the most part..........yeah.

Except tonight's main event showed that 2 GREAT prizefighters completed their 4 fight war and they'll be remembered in different ways:

Beccause of the sheer culture contrast.

But comparing those two to the future???????

Keith 1 time Thurman would put both into a coma in the early rounds.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

the mayans predicted it.. the end of an age

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhook View Post
                  Will boxing ever be the same after Marquez knocked out Pacquiao?

I hope this is the end of the hysteria surrounding Pacquiao and his legions of rabid followers.
                  KOed by an older fighter with more fights and tear. A 40 year old. Manny's stock goes down definitely. Now will they listen to us and recognize Mayweather has always been the best fighter of this decade?

Manny Pacquiao had 4 chances to produce one convincing win over Marquez. The best he could get was an UD which wasn't really a UD. Mayweather had 1 chance and shut Marquez out for 12 rounds dropping him, at the same weight Paccquiao got KTFO by an older version of Marquez.

This is KARMA, pacquiao fans and boxing media. Screwed Floyd of being the universal p4p fighter because he retired one year? Now good luck trying to prove the best fighter of the decade gets caught by 2 KO punches leading with his head. Good luck trying to lie to the world now. Try it.

Comment

I think so.

Manny should just retire. He came out in a blaze of glory tonight and proved that he deserved his place among the greatest. It's all downhill from here with his age + brutal ko

The fact that he got caught by something that he would have just walked off in his prime against someone not known for his power shows that age and his wars are finally catching up to him.

All the Pac haters will miss him when he's gone. We won't get another Manny Pacquiao.
                    Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-09-2012, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X