Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice the dead silence after the ref gave cotto a breather to tie his glove

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone notice the dead silence after the ref gave cotto a breather to tie his glove

I mean it was legitimate but the Larry Manny and Max all went dead silent when the Ref told Cotto's corner to "take their time".

I'm not saying its a conspiracy but a similar thing happened during the Mosely fight.

Cotto looses to Canelo, Pac, MAy, Chavez etc etc

It's not giving him a breather when his his strings clearly came loose.

Comment

I couldn't remember which fight it was. But during an HBo broadcast, no one said anything for about 30 seconds. CONSPIRACY

Comment

I just never heard a ref say take your time during a time out unless its a foul.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
          I just never heard a ref say take your time during a time out unless its a foul.
          Maybe he was thinking one thing and said another, it was a big stage and an intense situation it can happen.

Comment

Referees, especially boxing referees are not infallable. Joe Cortez is a living contradiction of good officiating for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Maybe he was thinking one thing and said another, it was a big stage and an intense situation it can happen.
              Maybe. But the commentators went dead silent for at least 20 seconds. That's a long time in a fight (especially for Jim).

Comment

The way I took it when Smoger said take your time, was not to rush when fixing the glove/tape as to do a good fix.

Comment

I thought about that too but it had been only 40 seconds into the round. He should have been more harsh than that no? Take your time?

Comment

Yep, that was a special treatment. Ref's usually tells the corner of the fighter to do it quick but that is the first time i heard ref said that.

Comment

Working...
                    X