This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
    I still wouldn't rule out selling Rooney and making Hernandez our priority striker. The money could go on redeveloping our ageing midfield which is our biggest problem at the moment.

Rooney seems to like drinking more than football right now and he's the highest paid at the club by a country mile with his new contract. A lot of people i've spoken to who support many different clubs are thinking Rooney has seen his best days despite being only 25. Whilst i don't agree with it i can see why they are saying it, doesn't seem to have the same hunger for the game and off field problems are a problem. It seems like a waste of money paying him so much when we could be offering those kind of wages to a solid midfielder to replace Scholes like Sneijder, Schweinsteiger or Gourcuff. These kind of players would be more of a benefit for the team than Rooney.

If we brought in midifeld players like Sanchez and Gourcuff we could pay both their wages with the wages Rooney gets alone.
    You're not taking into account how much Rooney will bring in merchandise wise. The amount he brings in through shirt sales alone will cover his wages. Sanchez and Gourcuff although quality players, aren't marquee names.

Comment

I still wouldn't rule out selling Rooney and making Hernandez our priority striker. The money could go on redeveloping our ageing midfield which is our biggest problem at the moment.

Rooney seems to like drinking more than football right now and he's the highest paid at the club by a country mile with his new contract. A lot of people i've spoken to who support many different clubs are thinking Rooney has seen his best days despite being only 25. Whilst i don't agree with it i can see why they are saying it, doesn't seem to have the same hunger for the game and off field problems are a problem. It seems like a waste of money paying him so much when we could be offering those kind of wages to a solid midfielder to replace Scholes like Sneijder, Schweinsteiger or Gourcuff. These kind of players would be more of a benefit for the team than Rooney.

If we brought in midifeld players like Sanchez and Gourcuff we could pay both their wages with the wages Rooney gets alone.
      I am not sure what to think with Rooney i am pissed cause i think he was going to City before he saw what a problem that could be. If he is back to his form of last season all will be forgiven, i wouldn't be to upset to sell him and bolster the midfield/wings though in the summer.. least now we wont get ****ed over as he is on a long contract

Originally posted by carrbobandweave View Post
      I'll bet anyone on here 300k right now that he doesn't score 10 league goals this season (He currently has 3).
      Combine that with that Champions league and i will take that bet will have that much by the season ends.

Comment

This guy knows what up. This post is filled with nothing but the truth. United needs playmakers and i wouldnt rule out another defender and a keeper cuz van der sar is to old now, he plays good for his age but not that great for a top 2 club.

Comment

I'll take it.
          Fine. I'll sig it

Comment

• Originally posted by carrbobandweave View Post
            You're not taking into account how much Rooney will bring in merchandise wise. The amount he brings in through shirt sales alone will cover his wages. Sanchez and Gourcuff although quality players, aren't marquee names.
            Jersey wise Chicharito>Rooney

Comment

• Yeah. Fill the team with foreigners.

Comment

I believe he has the talent but i don't like to get carried away with it, it's still early in the season and the return of Rooney in November will be a problem for his game time.
                yeah i see what you mean, kinda like berbatov in this season how he started amazingly good and slowly began to decline.

I doubt hernandez will see issues with playing time, its obvious sir alex likes him a lot and they have a good relationship unlike arsene wenger and vela

Comment

• Originally posted by Flab View Post
                  Arsenal, then Man Utd, then all the way.
                  Yeah defo.
                  I liek ur sig btw lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Flab View Post
                    Yeah. Fill the team with foreigners.
                    Not much talented young english guys around atm

We are interested in Jack Rodwell apparently but then again from what i have seen he is far from the finished project. Also english players cost a fortune and we have been burned recently with Carrick/Hargreaves no performing or being injured all the time. Likes of Evra/Vidic were brought for under 10m both world class players, if they were english would be nearer 30m each

Comment

• Lovenkrands will score tomorow

Comment

Working...
                      X