Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SANCHEZ: ''(ALVAREZ) Still Has To Make 170 On 2nd Day Morning''

no excuses.......

https://youtu.be/MnNY-SycxLc

Canelo weighed 174 on fight night against Angulo and Trout.

He'll be a strong 175-178 for GGG.

Fook the 2nd day weigh in.

Comment

Countdown in 6 days

Comment

So what Abel? Sounds like fear to me

Comment

They got Candelita all armored up for this one, too bad GGG is packing armor piercing rounds.

Comment

It's be a shame if Canelo didn't obey that 2nd day weigh in.

I'm all for not wanting to weigh in the 2nd day but commit before signing the contract. Not exactly sending a great message if you sign something but have no intention of doing it (when your opponent had to consider that during his training camp) just so you can gain an advantage. Clearly a way to bend around the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
              It's be a shame if Canelo didn't obey that 2nd day weigh in.

I'm all for not wanting to weigh in the 2nd day but commit before signing the contract. Not exactly sending a great message if you sign something but have no intention of doing it (when your opponent had to consider that during his training camp) just so you can gain an advantage. Clearly a way to bend around the rules.
              He's not the IBF champion he's under no obligation to do it if he doesn't want to. Golovkin doesn't have to either if he drops the IBF. He chooses to keep it, he follows their rules. Pretty simple.

Comment

According to this article and many reports including here on this website. The IBF same day weigh in for unification fights or fights that include multiple titles is no longer required.

Terence Crawford and Indongo did not have a same day weigh in.

Same day weigh ins are only required now for just IBF title fights alone but not for unifications or fights that have multiple world titles on the line.

Here's the article:
                http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...d-title-fights

Perhaps Abel forgot?
                Last edited by True That; 09-10-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                  According to this article and many reports including here on this website. The IBF same day weigh in for unification fights or fights that include multiple titles is no longer required.

Terence Crawford and Indongo did not have a same day weigh in. I never saw that report.

Same day weigh ins are only required now for just IBF title fights alone but not for unifications or fights that have multiple world titles on the line.

Here's the article:
                  http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...d-title-fights

Perhaps Abel forgot or had a brain fart.
                  The IBF quote only says unification fights though. This is not a unification fight, Canelo doesn't have a belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    The IBF quote only says unification fights though. This is not a unification fight, Canelo doesn't have a belt.

It's for unification fights and fights that have multiple world titles on the line.

It says in that ESPN article that Canelo and Triple G are not required to do the IBF same day weigh in.

Supposedly that rule is only for fights that only have the IBF title by itself alone with no other titles on the line.

This article is from August 22nd, so unless the IBF changed things up again or we are not understanding their rule properly. What I read was only fights that have just the IBF title on the line are required for same day weigh ins.

In this case for Canelo and Golovkin they are fighting for the IBF and WBA, with Gennady defending the WBC title which he can retain in victory or become vacant if he loses.

So according to their new ruling and what the article states, Canelo and Golovkin are not required to do a same day weigh in.

Someone call the IBF damn it, these rules are confusing in how they are applied. SMH
                    Last edited by True That; 09-10-2017, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X