Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errol Spence sums up the GGG haters in a nut shell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why reasonable boxing discussions on the internet are not really possible because there's too much racial solidarity going on. It's nothing new, but it is truly a pity that a guy who really is so brilliant for the sport is hated on by so many within the sport, at a time when we really need to get behind our best representatives. It's just sad.

Did Team GGG duck Ward? Yes. They were still building his brand, and so making him move up in weight and fight a guy who is a brilliant, bigger boxer and that he would likely lose to wasn't something they were going to do, though I think the fight would have eventually happened if Andre had stayed at 168. Also, people also forget that Mayweather used to take potshots at Ward before he shacked up with him because it's a nice way to attack Golovkin.

Yes, we ALL want better fights than freaking Dominic Wade but there are guys on this site who will pretend that GGG isn't (or hasn't in the past) been ducked by Canelo, Saunders, Cotto, Sturm, Quillin. You guys really think Danny Jacobs wants to take a fight against Golovkin? In fact, someone on NSB recently said Golovkin should take risks like Canelo does - you know, the guy who is flagrantly ducking him

But hey. Keep on clinging to that Ward duck, and then jump on every statement his team make about fighting this guy and how is contradicts something Abel Sanchez said in an interview 9 months ago. It's the best way to be a boxing fan.

Meanwhile, the rest of his fans of unskilled, face-first brawlers will just enjoy this guy who is one of the most exciting, skilled, interesting fighters to emerge in years.

Comment

Ward would beat GGG easily at 175 but 160 Ward is weight-drained and knocked the phuck out by G3, only for Khan to later get revenge for his friend and stablemate, destroying Golovkin with the lightening speed of a deadly master ninja as they battle for middleweight supremacy. Let's go champ.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
        The posters on this site are sad I don't think I've seen one black poster give GGG props they hate his guts! Lol
        Black posters call GGG untested because he is untested. His real test is WARD which is why he is avoiding him while trying to get fights with guys in the smaller class. You can't say we have a racial thing against the guy because he is from KAZAKHSTAN, not America. You all say Spence is untested but get mad because we say GGG is untested. lol Let it go. There is no American white guy dominating boxing so this can't be a racial thing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Badguy View Post
          Black posters call GGG untested because he is untested. His real test is WARD which is why he is avoiding him while trying to get fights with guys in the smaller class. You can't say we have a racial thing against the guy because he is from KAZAKHSTAN, not America. You all say Spence is untested but get mad because we say GGG is untested. lol Let it go. There is no American white guy dominating boxing so this can't be a racial thing.
          How can you be untested, yet your only test is a p4per 15lb bigger fight night?

Comment

Smh come on Spence

Comment

Im black and I love GGG

Comment

Maybe Spence likes them because they are Americans, posters go for those countrymen all the time. Im sure him and Wade were amateurs at the same time anyways so they might know each other.

Comment

You guys that jump to bring race into spence's comments says something about you. Let me explain how race could very easily have NOTHING to do with spence's comments.

1. Like many of us he is tired of the certain type of Golovkin fans I will call "former Pacquiao fans".

2. He thinks "damn I'd like to see Wade win", there is a good chance he knows Wade personally.

3. He posts that he wants Wade to win. Certain types of Golovkin fans can't take this! Troll time.

4. Golovkin beats Wade and those certain type of Golovkin fans go into hyper overdrive troll mode on Spence.

5. Spence understandably gets agitated at these comments (he is a fighter) and reminds these people of the man Golovkin wouldn't fight, Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody8804 View Post
                    1. Like many of us he is tired of the certain type of Golovkin fans I will call "former Pacquiao fans".
                    I think you inadvertently hit the nail on the head, since a lot of this hate for a very entertaining and skilled fighter is reminiscent of all the backlash that Pacquiao was getting online.

Comment

You know how big Golovkin is getting when these dudes are making 10-20 hate threads a day about him. Only Floyd and Manny have got more attention on this board.

Comment

Working...
                      X